or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Packer Brisket and Flat in the propane smoker!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Packer Brisket and Flat in the propane smoker!

post #1 of 9
Thread Starter 

Not only did I smoke the pork butt over the weekend but since this smoker is sooo roomy, I put a 14 lb Packer and a 6.5 lb Flat in there too! Might as well get my money's worth on the propane.

 

Smoked at 250-275* with Hickory and Cherry and a big pan of Chef Jimmy's Smoky Au Jus (if you haven't tried it, you should).

 

The packer was for a friend, who has never had brisket before and the flat was for us. These cooked in less than half the time they normally would have taken in my MES40. Next brisket I smoke will be injected and smoked hot and fast.

 

Trimmed and rubbed the packer with some Ralph's Brisket Rub (friend brought it).

 

 

4 hours and put the temp probe in - 135* IT.

 

 

10 hours in, Flat at 160* IT so getting ready to separate the point from the flat. Gotta make the guy burnt ends!

 

 

 

 

 

Total time for the Packer was 12.5 hours!!!!

 

Now the flat for us. I trimmed it up and seasoned with a light coat of olive oil and A1 Cracked Peppercorn Seasoning

 

 

 

 

 

Total time for Flat was 7 hrs to an IT 180*

 

Thanks for looking!

post #2 of 9
Nice, Alesia! That all looks delicious!

Red
post #3 of 9

Yummmmmm!  Looks great to me!  Can tell you are in love with the new toy!

 

Kat

post #4 of 9
Again, It looks Awesome Alesia!!! I looked at a bunch of briskets this weekend and I think this is the first BE's I've seen!!! I'm happy someone still remembers where the best part of the brisket is!!!
Great job and keep the propane flowing!!!
post #5 of 9
Thread Starter 

Thanks Red! Very moist and juicy. The friend loved it and can't wait to have another one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeenRed View Post

Nice, Alesia! That all looks delicious!

Red

Thanks Kat...oh yes that's my new toy!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynN View Post

Yummmmmm!  Looks great to me!  Can tell you are in love with the new toy!

 

Kat

Thanks Dave! Well the friend I smoked it for had never eaten brisket before and I thought he should have the best of both worlds! He loved both and said it isn't hard to just eat and eat the BEs.  Believe it or not, I only used less than half tank of propane. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by S2K9K View Post

Again, It looks Awesome Alesia!!! I looked at a bunch of briskets this weekend and I think this is the first BE's I've seen!!! I'm happy someone still remembers where the best part of the brisket is!!!
Great job and keep the propane flowing!!!
post #6 of 9

Nice, nothing better than a good Brisket, your neighbor is one lucky soul.

 

Have fun...

post #7 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolbbq View Post

Nice, nothing better than a good Brisket, your neighbor is one lucky soul.

 

Have fun...

Thanks Stan...he absolutely loved it and said it's very addicting!

post #8 of 9

Your brisket looks great! Glad to hear the smoker is working out good.

post #9 of 9
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodcutter View Post

Your brisket looks great! Glad to hear the smoker is working out good.

Thank you! Oh how I love that gasser smoker!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Packer Brisket and Flat in the propane smoker!