I made this BBQ sauce to go with my Ribs and Chicken. I'm going to be brushing it on the ribs right before I take them off the smoker tomorrow and planned to use it as a sauce to add on the side.
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar I cut this down to 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons molasses I doubled the molasses
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar I doubled the brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon mild chili powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne (optional)
I was looking for a sweet, smoky sauce like Sonny's sweet sauce or Sweet Baby Rays. What I ended up with was a cross between the Carolina Vinegar Sauce and Sweet Baby Rays.
It is just too vinegar-y for me. Is there anything that I can cut into it to get rid of that vinegar taste?