Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Maiden sparib voyage Last post on 2/21/16 at 11:32am in General Discussion
- Need advice Last post on 2/4/14 at 5:49am in Roll Call
- Butt smoke for U of M and OSU game Last post on 11/30/13 at 1:20pm in Pork
- Post Gobble Day Turkey and Butt Last post on 12/1/13 at 7:05am in General Discussion
- New MES 30 and a 8lb pork butt. Last post on 11/26/13 at 8:13am in Pork
Blueberry-Cherry Dry Rub for Pork
Last edited: 10/5/13
- Hawg Heaven RubLast edited: 9/28/11
- Here Piggy Piggy BrineLast edited: 6/11/12
- Tutorial Sealing Mated Steam Pans With FoilLast edited: 5/1/11
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Boston Butt Pulled Pork (Step by Step) - Page 5
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Pickspost #82 of 4021/1/14 at 9:43am
Thanks again Bearcarver, the directions were very easy to follow, the the finished 8 lb butt was a huge hit with everyone at last nights gathering. The only down side is they ate all of it and now i have took more pork for today's traditional New Year's Day meal.post #83 of 4021/1/14 at 10:22amThread StarterQuote:
Nice Job, Rick!!
Looks mighty tasty from here!!
Glad you liked it !!
Don't feel bad about running out. I gotta have Pork & Sauer Kraut in the Crockpot. Mrs Bear's request (orders).
Bearpost #84 of 4021/3/14 at 5:20pmpost #85 of 4021/4/14 at 7:50amThread StarterQuote:
In an MES, I always put a butt in "Fat side up". Cut a cross hatch through the fat cap on top, to allow the seasoning & the smoke to get into the meat.
Bearpost #86 of 4021/5/14 at 7:34ampost #87 of 4021/5/14 at 9:25ampost #88 of 4021/5/14 at 9:26amThread StarterQuote:
We never get Butts that low around here. If you look closely at my first picture, you'll see I had to pay $1.98 for that one!
Bearpost #89 of 4021/5/14 at 10:42ampost #90 of 4021/5/14 at 2:10pmThread Starterpost #91 of 4021/5/14 at 2:23pmpost #92 of 4021/5/14 at 4:07pmpost #93 of 4021/5/14 at 5:13pmpost #94 of 4021/6/14 at 5:23amThread Starterpost #95 of 4021/8/14 at 10:30amGreat post bear. Im looking to make my first one and this will make it easier. I do have 1 question about temp as you listed bump to 240 at 11am and at noon. Should the noon be higher or just go to the 240 at 11?
Rickpost #96 of 4021/8/14 at 10:59amThread StarterQuote:
And Great catch on the 240* bump twice.
I changed it to only be bumped to 240* at 12 Noon.
It wouldn't make much difference, because it's only a 20* change--one hour apart, but it was confusing.
Thanks for being alert !!
Bearpost #97 of 4021/11/14 at 7:41pmReally appreciate the step by step process. I'm new to the whole smoking thing and am attempting my first butt tomorrow. I feel pretty confident with your step by step tutorial that it will turn out great!post #98 of 4021/12/14 at 8:38amThread StarterQuote:
Good Luck, and just yell if you have any questions!!
Then start a new thread & give us a report on your success.
Bearpost #99 of 4021/14/14 at 3:38pm
- Boston Butt Pulled Pork (Step by Step)
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- Hawg Heaven Rub
- › Steven Raichlen's Take On 3-2-1 for Smoking Pork Ribs 1 minute ago
- › New Member From Indiana 4 minutes ago
- › Cold smoke attachment and bacon 5 minutes ago
- › Happy Birthday Cfarmer! 13 minutes ago
- › bought a new Thermoworks toy 27 minutes ago
- › Yeti Resting 38 minutes ago
- › Newby. 40 minutes ago
- › STURDY canopy needed 43 minutes ago
- › Chicken Cordon Bleu my first time 48 minutes ago
- › Smoker Enclosure 50 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona