I am new to smoking... made baby back ribs for my first smoke and they came out great, a bit too smoky, but had great bark and were amazingly juicy and tender.
I want to try making me some smoke chicken wings in my electric smoker. I plan on injecting a buffalo sauce mixture into the wings and then hitting them with a rub before smoking them. I also plan on throwing the wings on the grill, after smoking, to fishing them off with a nice crisp.
It seems that guys smoke chicken/poultry at a higher temperature than 225.
My questions are:
1. What temperature would you smoke chicken wing at
2. How long would does it typically take
3. What internal Temp do you have to hit.
4. My electric smoker has a water pan... would you fill it up with water or leave it dry
5. What types of rubs to you like to use... i want something that is closer to a smoked buffalo wing, which is why im going to inject with buff sauce, so any recommendations here would be great as well.
And any other tips, tricks or suggestions that you would recommend.
Thanks in advance.
Edited by JfishKing - 5/16/12 at 8:06pm