I received my Smokin-it 2 last Monday and was very impressed. Arrived in 3 days via fedex and was double boxed, not a scratch on it. As others have said, this thing is built like a tank! A note from the owner was also a nice touch. After unboxing and setting it on my homemade cart, I fired it up for a 4 hr. seasoning smoke per the instructions. Made a short list of what I observed:
- set the temp @ 225 and added 2 golf ball size pieces of hickory at 4:00PM
- after 1/2 hour I was getting fairly heavy smoke and IT was @ 160
- the IT fluctuated between 215 and 250. Probably looked at the temp 100x (hey it's new!) and would say it was split pretty even: 1/3 around 215, 1/3 around 225 and 1/3 around 250.
- outside of unit was very cool to the touch
- still had light smoke at 6:00PM
- shut unit off @ 8:00 and still had small pieces of wood smoldering in wood tray.
Here are a few pics of the smoker on my homemade cart:
If you're wondering why the cart is burgundy in color, it's left over from painting my golf cart!
If you're thinking of buying the smokin-it 2, I would not hesitate. Can't wait to post more pics of the food this thing will crank out with the help of everyone here!