or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Lamb › Lamb and chicken in pizza oven
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Lamb and chicken in pizza oven

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I don’t know were to put it it got lamb and chicken

Well ill put it under   lamb

Got  my sister on a visit from Israel and decided to do lamb and chicken in the pizza oven

First the lamb with rosemary made hols and pushed in garlic a  wet  rub of soy and EVOO

Put all on a bead of carrots   parsnip  and a bottle of beer cover  with  foil and in to the pizza oven

For the chicken  i did a hot chilli sauce of tomato purée hot sauce  vinegar sugar garlic salt and pepper.

Cover the birds with foil  and in to the pizza oven  1 ½  hour after the lamb

After 1 hour i removed the foil  30 minutes on one side and 30 minutes  on the other side.

It came out  great and yummy

The only problem is that before i took more photos it was gone

DSC07139.JPG

 

DSC07140.JPG

 

DSC07146.JPG

 

DSC07147.JPG

 

DSC07148.JPG

 

 

 

DSC07153.JPG

 

DSC07155.JPG

 

 

Thanks for looking

 

post #2 of 11

Looks great, and I really like that oven!

 

Good luck and good smoking.

post #3 of 11

Man that looks great - I cant wait to get to using my new oven.  My dad passed last week so I have been gone and now it is raining  like crazy

post #4 of 11

Great use of the oven! If I  hadnt built mine so damn big & had some dry wood I would do stuff like that more often.I saw a lamb in beer dish done in a woodfired oven on TV..It was Rick Steins Mediteranean series & he was in Majorca .It was the only thing this little mountain place served but it looked like it was worth the trip.So does yours.

Doing Alpaca in beer at the moment if that interests you.

post #5 of 11
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post

Man that looks great - I cant wait to get to using my new oven.  My dad passed last week so I have been gone and now it is raining  like crazy


  My Condolences on you lost

 

post #6 of 11
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moikel View Post

Great use of the oven! If I  hadnt built mine so damn big & had some dry wood I would do stuff like that more often.I saw a lamb in beer dish done in a woodfired oven on TV..It was Rick Steins Mediteranean series & he was in Majorca .It was the only thing this little mountain place served but it looked like it was worth the trip.So does yours.

Doing Alpaca in beer at the moment if that interests you.


  Thanks Moikel i got the all series on my pc . i do this dish with beer for many years.

i was thinking can't you Lay in side your oven a row of clay bricks it will make your oven smaller .

 

post #7 of 11

very nice job! Looks great and perfectly cooked with a kiss of char! 

post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanmeat View Post


 


  Thanks Moikel i got the all series on my pc . i do this dish with beer for many years.

i was thinking can't you Lay in side your oven a row of clay bricks it will make your oven smaller .

 



I bet it would help hold the heat too 

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarbelly View Post



I bet it would help hold the heat too 

I figure we all go to school on the  first of anything we do. I look at my oven now & think the go big or go home approach wasnt the ideal .But I  was following a set of plans .The door would also be much better if I  had built wider,like both Scarbelly & Africanmeat.

I can build another one at our weekender down the coast but I am having so much fun with MES that may be some years off. Woodfired ovens are a great way to cook all sorts of things its just a matter of having the time.
 

 

post #10 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by africanmeat View Post


 


  Thanks Moikel i got the all series on my pc . i do this dish with beer for many years.

i was thinking can't you Lay in side your oven a row of clay bricks it will make your oven smaller .

 

They are all    great series I have his cookbooks as well.I met him he is a really good guy. He spends half his year here,he has a restaurant south of my weekender about 40 minutes.He turns up on our locally made TV a bit.He also has interests in a winery ,lucky guy.
 

 

post #11 of 11
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moikel View Post

They are all    great series I have his cookbooks as well.I met him he is a really good guy. He spends half his year here,he has a restaurant south of my weekender about 40 minutes.He turns up on our locally made TV a bit.He also has interests in a winery ,lucky guy.
 

 


 You are a lucky guy . i love his tv series in Morocco, France , 

have a great day

 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Lamb
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Lamb › Lamb and chicken in pizza oven