› Groups › Sausage Makers › Discussions › Recipe question...

Recipe question...

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 

I have a recipe for sausage sticks that calls for an ingredient called phosphates. Is there a more common name that this ingredient goes by or is it just called phosphates? Where do I get it?

post #2 of 5


Butcher Packer caries a brine phosphate.

post #3 of 5
You can get Amesphos online. I also will use Butcher Packers Hunter's Special Meat Binder.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk
post #4 of 5
Thread Starter 

What does it do? I also just noticed that the recipe calls for Sodium Erythorbate? Any idea what that is? Are these necessary ingredients?

post #5 of 5

Try this site:


Go to General Tips & Suggestions, then to Additives.


Good luck and good smoking.

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Sausage Makers › Groups › Sausage Makers › Discussions › Recipe question...