Well, I finally got around to making these, I had these in my head for the longest time, now I only have about twenty or so more chicken recipes to go.
Decided to do these on the GOSM with Pork Shots, Italian Sausage Bites and Jack Daniels Bacon Double Cheeseburger Sliders.
I'll see if I can get those posted today as well.
Will be a little busy tomorrow with doing PP for the Cub Scouts Christmas Party, yeah I took the day off to cook!
- 1 tablespoon Basil
- 1 tablespoon Oregano
- 1 tablespoon Granulated garlic
- Sun Dried Tomatoes
Directions: (Step by step below)
- Slice pepperoni lengthwise very thin, you should get 18-20 useable slices
- Slice chicken, 1/8” - 3/16” thick.
- In a bowl with a lid, coat chicken with Parmesan cheese, set aside
- In a bag add oregano basil and granulated garlic.
- Place drained sun dried tomatoes in the bag, shake and set aside.
- Wrap in pepperoni and secure with toothpick
Grilling: Place on the grill using indirect heat. Grill 30 minutes
Smoker: Smoke at 225° - 240° for 1 hour
I suggest when making these to make a dozen or so without the pepperoni, my guests really did a job on the ones with no pepperoni. These were fairly spicy. If you decide to make a few without pepperoni, add a bit of garlic salt to the Parmesan cheese.
I really liked these a lot. They were extremely tasty and spicy, they were a big hit with the spicy loving folks.
- Coating Chicken.
- Some chunked pieces, that will not have pepperoni.
- Mix the ingredients to coat the sun dried tomatoes.
- Ingredients mixed in a Ziploc bag.
- Place the bag in a cup and drop in the sun dried tomatoes.
- Seal and shake coating the sun-dried tomatoes.
- Prepare the pepperoni.
- Make sure to remove the casing.
- On a slicer, take 1 thin slice off the pepperoni stick, flip over so flat end is up against guard, set the thickness to 1/32"
- Now were ready to put these together.
- Layout ingredients as in the picture below.
- Roll chicken tightly onto pepperoni and roll pepperoni.
- Finished smoking.