Repost of a 10/24/10 smoke, I have a couple of bunched up recipes I am seperating and reposting, sorry if you read this.
This is another attempt at wowing her with the smoker
- 16 pieces of bacon
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 boneless chicken breast slit in half
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups fresh spinach
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into thin strips
- 1/4 cup feta cheese
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Locatelil cheese.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, warm 1 tablespoon of oil, add onion and garlic, cook for about 5 minutes or until garlic is golden and onions are translucent.
- Add tomatoes, broccoli, salt, pepper and oregano; stir well and bring to a boil. Cover and turn down heat to simmer for about 10 minutes, set aside to cool. Divide in half.
- Fillet chicken breast and pound with the flat side of a mallet.
- Layout a bacon weave
- Place chicken breast on the bacon weave and spoon 1/2 of the spinoccoli mix on top of the fillet, add some fresh basil and sprinkle some Locatelli then feta, top with mozzarella cheese.
- Roll bacon weave up and place seam side down.
- Smoke for 2.5 - 3 hours, cool and slice in ½" slices serve on linguini noodles and top with a pesto sauce.
* Note: Chicken and bacon vary in sizes, just make sure to leave a little room so you can overlap slightly.
This one is a winner, my only suggestion with making this is to serve with a good pesto sauce on top of some linguini.
I will be trying this Spinoccoli recipe on Pizza.
Hope you enjoyed the pics.