I am fairly new to the smoking process (I have previously smoked pork ribs and loin) and wanting to make pulled pork sandwiches for a friends upcoming party so I am going to smoke about 20lbs of pork cushion. Here is what my plan is so far:
- electric smoker at roughly 225 degrees
- 20 lbs of pork cushion
- rub with yellow mustard and then liberally apply a pork rub
- hickory wood chips (open to a mix)
- water in the pan mixed with apple juice or cider
- periodically spritz with apple juice/cider throughout the smoking process
My biggest question is approximately how long can I expect to smoke the cushion at 225 degrees?
Any additional tips would be appreciated. Thank you!