I am sure a lot of people have seen the CharBroil Propane/Reverse Flow Conversion on the web. Well I used that as a template for my design. I used 1" square tubing and began building a more robust frame. Everytime I moved it around in and out of the shed I thought the thing was going to fall apart and I was just not happy with it. I also wanted to raise the unit up to feel more comfortable. I wanted more robust wheels/tires to replace the cheap plastic ones that didn't give much ground clearance. The propane tank was always just put out behind the unit somewhere and that just took up too much room so I made a recess in the new lower grate to accomodate the tank. I am not quite done with it but you can get the idea. As I got more into overbuilding the frame for this lightweight unit I just rationalized
it as building it for my next upgrades.
This is before...
Test fitting the 3/16 reverse flow plate
Kinda hard to tell the flames I painted on the exhaust to cover the weld/grinds
There are 2 stacks but one is just a dummy for looks of symetry(I just like the looks of duals)
I have 2 new thermometers I going to install at grate level i am just waiting for paint to put them on.
Now I just need to finish the back shelve and paint it and I think I'll be done for now.(until I have some other idea come up.)