Bourbon Bacon Chicken
- Thick Bacon Sliced in half
- 3 Chicken Boneless breast cubed 3/4"- 1"
- 1 stick of butter
- 1 Cup favorite rub
- 1 Cup of Red Hot
- 1 Cup of Sweet Baby Rays
- 1 Cup of Bourbon whiskey.
- Cube Chicken to approximately 3/4"- 1" in size.
- In a Ziploc or Plastic container add the rub and cubed chicken shake to coat well.
- Remove chicken from container and wrap in Bacon, toothpick together
- Smoke at 240° - 250° until bacon is crispy about 2 hours.
- Place a hotel pan (steamer pan) on the smoker or firebox and add Butter, When the butter has melted add the Bourbon, Sweet Baby Rays and Franks red hot. I usually heat this up on the firebox on my stickburner.
- Thicken the sauce a bit then add the wrapped chicken into the pan coating liberally, continue to smoke until sauce has thickened and is sticking well to the outside.
These were a hit and were even better the following day when reheated, I think next time I make these for a party I'll make them in advance.
You can skewer these as well.
I made a batch of Bourbon Hot Wings with the above bites, just add extra red hot and cut back on the barbecue sauce..
Edited by SQWIB - 9/19/11 at 6:26am