I have only been a member here a short amount of time but I have made a few observations:
1) At the bottom of the page it lists the number of active users...There are always 5 to 20 times more Guests than Members.
2) People will talk about spending hundreds or even thousands of dollars on equipment yet don't comment on how they spent $15 to support the site that is making their expenditure worthwhile.
3) I am not an Administrator or have any affiliation with this site other than knowing, it would be a horrific shame to lose it.
4) I spent 2 years and $15,000 going to Culinary School and never saw a Smoker or was even taught a single technique. BUT, I have learned more HERE in 2 months than in the last 16 years of my professional career.
5) Regardless of how many times or how many ways a question is asked, the people here will give an answer without ridicule or comment unless they are referencing a previous thread that can provide better or more complete information.
BOTTOM LINE...A lot of peoples time and effort has / is going in to make this site as informative and user friendly to all who care to use it. Their only reward is our thanks and the pride in knowing that they have passed their passion on to another lover of Smoke and other great food.
Is it not worth $15, that's 4 CENTS A DAY per year, to keep this alive???
It is not my intention to insult anyone here and I appoligize to you if you have garnered any hard feelings from anything I have posted.
Please consider joining as a Premium Member. Thanks...JJ