or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Fruit, Nuts & Vegetables › Smoked Cinnamon Caramel Apples with Q-View
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Smoked Cinnamon Caramel Apples with Q-View - Page 3

post #41 of 58

After trying this I wasn't as happy with the results as I wanted to be.  It was due to two things.  1 I don't like baked apples so I'm not sure why I'd like this.  2.  I don't like caramel so, again, I'm not sure why I thought I'd like this.  However, I did like the slight smokey flavor mixed with the apple flavor so it wasn't all a bust.  However, my mother and father LOVED it.  I did three apples (one for me, 1 for my fiancee, and one for my parents to split) and delivered one to them (they got a kick out of having dessert delivered when we live in the middle of nowhere) and they had to eaten before I could get out of their house.  So it seems like this is a great dessert but only if you like baked apples and/or caramel.

post #42 of 58

Looks great, its on my "to do" list, which just keeps growing...and growing...and growing

post #43 of 58

Looks awesome. I'm wondering what they turn out if you peel the apple before smoking. Anyone try that yet?

post #44 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingNJapan View Post

Looks awesome. I'm wondering what they turn out if you peel the apple before smoking. Anyone try that yet?



I paln to next time and maybe wrap in some dough

 

post #45 of 58

Teeznuts, now that is a good idea. Lots of Apple orchards here in Ohio,I got to try that;sided with my Pineapple with Bourbon/br.sugar glazed slices on for 30min.@ 200*f , will make a nice Summer's Evening meal with Ribs or Brisky and I'm ready to go.

 Thanks for the idea,and have a good Summer.

 

post #46 of 58

Puff pastry would probably be awesome.

post #47 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolbbq View Post

Teeznuts, now that is a good idea. Lots of Apple orchards here in Ohio,I got to try that;sided with my Pineapple with Bourbon/br.sugar glazed slices on for 30min.@ 200*f , will make a nice Summer's Evening meal with Ribs or Brisky and I'm ready to go.

 Thanks for the idea,and have a good Summer.

 



Can you share your pineapple recipe either here or in a PM?

 

post #48 of 58
Thanks a bunch fo the recipe. I was able to try this for the first time yesterday. When I told my wife and In-laws the idea they thought it was gross, but after seeing the final product they changed their minds.

After everyone's dessert was handed out, I cut one of the apples and put a scoop of homemade Girl Scout Thin Mint ice cream on top. My MIL and wife saw it and said "why didn't you give us that for dessert?" My response was "you asked for something else". My FIL's response was "are you trying to kill me?"

Overall, it was good, but if anyone is wondering, Fuji apples are not the best choice for this.
post #49 of 58
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackyardSmokin View Post

Thanks a bunch fo the recipe. I was able to try this for the first time yesterday. When I told my wife and In-laws the idea they thought it was gross, but after seeing the final product they changed their minds.

After everyone's dessert was handed out, I cut one of the apples and put a scoop of homemade Girl Scout Thin Mint ice cream on top. My MIL and wife saw it and said "why didn't you give us that for dessert?" My response was "you asked for something else". My FIL's response was "are you trying to kill me?"

Overall, it was good, but if anyone is wondering, Fuji apples are not the best choice for this.


I would definitely stick to granny smith or pink lady apples that seem to be the dessert apples for me. Glad you liked the recipe. I'll bet people here would like your thin mint ice cream recipe as well. I would.
 

 

post #50 of 58

Looks-Great.gif

post #51 of 58

That looks great!!!! I did bananas the other weekend with a brown sugar cinnamon and carmel topping. Gona have to try these out!!!!!

post #52 of 58

I posted my recipe for the Thin Mint Ice Cream at:

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/t/110876/vanilla-ice-cream-and-variants#post_685220

 

I do apologize, I have the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker so my recipe is around that.

post #53 of 58
Thread Starter 

Thanks for sharing

post #54 of 58

looks great!  I'll be trying this soon too

post #55 of 58

drool.gifI'll be trying this soon wow

post #56 of 58

Smoked apples really taste good? I can't imagine a smokey flavor being appealing in dessert, but what do I know!

post #57 of 58
Thread Starter 
They don't pick up an overwhelming amount of smoke, possibly due to the skin. They're awesome though!
post #58 of 58
THOSE LOOK AMAZING icon14.gif
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fruit, Nuts & Vegetables
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Fruit, Nuts & Vegetables › Smoked Cinnamon Caramel Apples with Q-View