or Connect
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Meadow Creek Grilled Bologna
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Meadow Creek Grilled Bologna

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Today i have this 2 lb (store bought) chub of German beef bologna going to be done on my Meadow Creek Pit.

 

Scored the top (So it will look perty)

pit.JPG

 

 

Rubbed all sides with PYM

pit1.JPG

 

 

Adding a season rub.

pit2.JPG

 

pit3.JPG

 

 

Got my Pit MasterIQ all hooked and ready, Set for 225* using lump charcoal.

pit4.JPG

 

pit8.JPG

 

 

The probe fits perfectly between the fold top/bottom so there is no pinch in the cable.

pit6.JPG

 

 

Now let r go. Holding steady.

pit9.JPG

 

 

pit5.JPG

 

 

post #2 of 12

I did bologna like that once. I think it is more of a table decoration than for consuming, butt I could be wrong?

post #3 of 12
Thread Starter 

This is my 3rd time doing this kind. So far everyone likes it.

 

Added a pan of hickory pellets.

DSC00154.JPG

 

 

Not to bad

DSC00155.JPG

post #4 of 12

It sure looks good Nepas. Never had smoked bologna, but anything that I have smoked was good. I'll have to give it a try sometime.

post #5 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokinAl View Post

It sure looks good Nepas. Never had smoked bologna, but anything that I have smoked was good. I'll have to give it a try sometime.



Al, it is because of the WSM!!

post #6 of 12

Looks good to me.  Kind of like a SPAM the way it starts to open like a flower as it heats up.

post #7 of 12

Nepas, I did not mean to disrespect the bologna!! It is good!! Butt is is also a nice decoration for the table!!

post #8 of 12

I love fried bologna, so I would imagine I would love smoked bologna.

 

I've been frying or flaming bologna, ever since I was about 5 years old, and my Mommy whacked my butt, when she caught me standing on a chair, holding a piece of ring bologna over the gas stove, on the end of a fork.

 

 

I guess that's really where my addiction started.

 

 

Bad Bear

post #9 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rp RibKing View Post

Nepas, I did not mean to disrespect the bologna!! It is good!! Butt is is also a nice decoration for the table!!



Hey as they say No worries my friend.

post #10 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcarver View Post

I love fried bologna, so I would imagine I would love smoked bologna.

 

I've been frying or flaming bologna, ever since I was about 5 years old, and my Mommy whacked my butt, when she caught me standing on a chair, holding a piece of ring bologna over the gas stove, on the end of a fork.

 

 

I guess that's really where my addiction started.

 

 

Bad Bear

 

 

wife.gif  Bad Bear

 

 

BOL.JPG
 

 

post #11 of 12

That final photo makes me want to cut a slice right now. Like Bear I grew up on fried bologna sammies.

post #12 of 12

or the old lunch stand by bologna boats, slice of bologna topped with mashed taters and cheese then baked till yummy. Can't imagine how much better it would be smoked....hmmmm. Lightbulb! pot.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Grilling Beef
SmokingMeatForums.com › Forums › Smoking Meat (and other things) › Beef › Grilling Beef › Meadow Creek Grilled Bologna