or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BBQ Pit Build

post #1 of 13
Thread Starter 

Hello everyone, I am about 90% complete on my BBQ Pit build. I used this forum and the pit calculator to do this so thanks you to everyone out there that contributed weather you know it or not. I introduced myself in the welcome section and have been a member for a few months now and you can call me a lurker as I don’t post too much. I posted the direct link to my album as the img function does not seem to be working.

 

If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask, and I will answer them to the best of my ability, thanks.

 

Steve

 

 

http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/greenshovel/BBQ%20Pit/

post #2 of 13

Great looking pit !!!

post #3 of 13

Awesome job,congrats.I am waiting on warmer weather to finish mine so I am jealous bro.I like the Texas theme,What colors are you gonna paint it.

post #4 of 13
Thread Starter 



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaboy View Post

Awesome job,congrats.I am waiting on warmer weather to finish mine so I am jealous bro.I like the Texas theme,What colors are you gonna paint it.



I will paint the pit black, plan on using rustoleum 1200 heat paint from Home Depot.

post #5 of 13

icon_cool.gif

First off your smoker looks awesome and I bet it will look better with alot of meat in it and some TBS weeping out the stack. Now about that paint color everyone does black for some reason. I'm thinking you know alittle different you know maybe Orange and Blue. Now those color really go together don't you think????

 

Go Auburn Tiger's  I'm really a Gator fan but last night I was a SEC fan.

post #6 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mballi3011 View Post

icon_cool.gif

First off your smoker looks awesome and I bet it will look better with alot of meat in it and some TBS weeping out the stack. Now about that paint color everyone does black for some reason. I'm thinking you know alittle different you know maybe Orange and Blue. Now those color really go together don't you think????

 

Go Auburn Tiger's  I'm really a Gator fan but last night I was a SEC fan.


Hmmm, considering that your an Auburn fan that would be a good choice, but I think that I will stick with black though (o;
 

post #7 of 13
Thread Starter 
post #8 of 13

It looks fantastic, is competition orange and black out of the question?

post #9 of 13

Great job!!  Really looks good! Are you going to use tuning plates? Are you going to paint the Texas Plate a different color?

Where did you get 2 donor air compressors? I want one just like that for a build.

Great looking pit man!

 

SOB

post #10 of 13
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnyrod View Post

It looks fantastic, is competition orange and black out of the question?


As much as I like the HD theme, I am going to keep it black (o:. The next one that will be worked on my actually be orange and black. The two donor air compressors came from a paint shop for the bike shop. Me and another friend will be starting his very soon, its about 50% done we will just finish up where it was left off.
 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokingOhioButcher View Post

Great job!!  Really looks good! Are you going to use tuning plates? Are you going to paint the Texas Plate a different color?

Where did you get 2 donor air compressors? I want one just like that for a build.

Great looking pit man!

 

SOB



The tuning plates are done, I have a horizon plate that I modified. Not really sure if I need them or not, on the test run and seasoning of the pit it was only 10 degrees off at 250 and below an=y higher the heat difference gets bigger. The horizon plate is cut in half so I will run half of  a plate on the next test run and see if it makes any difference. No the Texas plate will be black. The two compressors I mention in the above post they were donors from the local bike paint shop.

 

Steve

post #11 of 13
Thread Starter 

Well, I was able to get the BBQ Pit painted this evening (o; Came out great, I still need to treet the Walnut with some Wipe-On-Poly by minwax, enjoy the pictures.

 

 

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/greenshovel/IMAG0398.jpg 

 

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/greenshovel/IMAG0400.jpg 

 

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/greenshovel/IMAG0401.jpg 

 

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee97/greenshovel/IMAG0403.jpg 

post #12 of 13

nice job!

post #13 of 13

Looks good man, Now fire that pig up and get it dirty!!! lol

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Side Fire Box