Has any body used stubbs all natural briquettes, I have a char griller smokin pro and use ro lump but walmart ran out, so i picked up some stubbs. Just wondering about ash amount, clean burn and how long of burn time compared to kingsford
Related Forum Threads
- Briquettes vs. Lump Last post on 9/30/10 at 7:51am in Charcoal Smokers
- Frontier Brand lump charcoal Last post on 7/7/14 at 6:39am in General Discussion
- Mixing Lump and Briquettes? Last post on 6/12/09 at 10:39am in Charcoal Smokers
- Kingsford charcoal Last post on 5/30/09 at 11:07am in Woods for Smoking
- Lump or Briquettes?? Last post on 2/16/09 at 2:21pm in Charcoal Smokers
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
Definitely less ash. Kingsford, etc. use a lot of binders (clay, I believe). I want to buy heat and flavor, not dirt! Hardwood lump is more expensive, but you get more bang for the buck. Comparing prices based simply by weight can be like comparing apples to oranges. Hardwood lump great, but burns hotter in most cases, so be mindful of your temps.
Used Stubbs a couple time past summer when I bought a couple broken bags at Home Depot. They worked well.
I'm a big fan of Wicked Good lump and their Weekend Warrior Blend briquettes mixed together. Burns hot, long and clean. Search online for their info.
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › The Smokin Monkey Cook Book 1 minute ago
- › Pellet smoke not as strong as natural wood 5 minutes ago
- › Dirtsailor's Mega Mother of all Cooking links index 8 minutes ago
- › New Member from Maryland 9 minutes ago
- › Light v's Dark Sugar 9 minutes ago
- › STURDY canopy needed 10 minutes ago
- › Propane VS Electric 11 minutes ago
- › Quick Butts 15 minutes ago
- › Raspberry Pi Fan/Temp controller questions... 17 minutes ago
- › Newbie and needs some solid advice on purchase 19 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona