I am a multiple Yoder smoker owner. I have to congratulate you as the one, and the only, person that I have every heard of, burning the pellet hopper, not once, but twice, in their Yoder cooker. In all the forums, at all the competitions I have been to, and out of the thousands of Yoder pellet cookers that are out there, you are the only one that can claim this feat, not just once, but twice. Glad your problem is now solved, believe me, so is Yoder's, your Yoder dealer's, and all of us Yoder owners. Happy smoking!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Smoke flavor on a pellet grill? Last post on 3/11/16 at 12:05pm in Wood Smokers
- pork butt on pellet grill Last post on 10/8/09 at 10:10am in Pork
- ever use wood pellets? Last post on 9/15/06 at 6:13pm in Woods for Smoking
- Howdy from Southeast Wisconsin Last post on 12/27/10 at 9:36am in Roll Call
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 7/24/17 at 11:40am in Electric Smokers
I've been very impressed with this smoker.The slow smoker attachment is actually a cold smoking device.Made smoked cheese,scallops and found the flavor to be just right.
Wish I had read this site before purchasing my Traeger grill from Home Depot. Luckily I was within the 90 days for returns. Like other posts - the pellets would not feed into the hopper - I...
I've owned two smokers. This one does a GREAT JOB for a lower end priced electric smoker. I've created some amazing smoked food in this smoker. I would recommend getting this smoker if you want to...
I've had my SH smoker for about 2.5 years... took a while to get the draft set exactly where I wanted it, but once that was right it's been a dream to use. Under most conditions, and for most of...
Yoder Pellet smoker - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
for Grumpy (a year and a half ago). I'm a Weber guy ...the WSM may not be perfect but at least it doesn't burst into uncontrollable fire. I'd be VERY upset if I spent that much $$$$ on a cooker and it burst into flames!
After some initial success with my Yoder, and patching software (firmware), swapping out parts, dealing with temps all over the place, I decided I didn't want to be a Yoder repairman any longer and gave mine away.
Yes GAVE it away. That's how much I hated it.
Thank you for your support. The Yoder grills are built like a tank. Just a little more work on their design and engineering and they could likely have the best grill on the market.
The Yoder factory was very helpful on my first burn-up.
The Yoder "dealer" is my biggest issue. He said that since my grill had been rebuilt once that I would no longer get any warranty work done. It had been determined, through many emails and photos, with the Yoder company that first burn-up was due to un-updated written installation procedure on and upgrade kit. They were kind enough to totally rebuild it. I don't this this should have voided my warranty as my dealer said.
I only wanted a free bag of pellets (since I had to burn my full hopper dry to prevent more damage), and to be reimbursed for the thermocouple that I purchased ($35) when the grill was 23 months old. The factory said I had a 3 year warranty on this part and it should have been replaced free.
I really hated to "give away" an $1099 grill.
If I owned the company though... I do think this dealer could use some additional training.
I mean the Yoder company no harm, but I do think people should be aware of my issues so they can make intelligent decisions for themselves.
It appears grumpy's was a year and a half ago....this guy burnt up 2 hoppers......There are 2 sides to every story, then there is the truth. Hopefully his traeger wont burn up the hopper. Been there, done that
Yoder YS 640
Your Yoder YS640 is fully backed by our exceptional customer support and warranties.
The igniter is warrantied for one year; the 10-gauge cooking body for 10 years and the
control system for three years.
Firmware updates are offered to users through our dealer network and by inquiry to our
website. We will send a handheld programmer on loan and instructions for completing
a firmware upgrade.
For product support contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Says here the Igniter is only under warranty for one year..Frustrating spending that kind of money and having problems...Sounds like a bad dealer also
It wasn't the igniter that was bad. It was the "thermocouple" that I was charged for when the grill was 23 months old. This measures the temperature and sends the information to the controller and therefore I feel is part of the "control" system.
You are correct above and the igniter has a 1-year warranty. The "controller" has a 3-year warranty.
I believe I should "not" have been charged for a replacement "thermocouple."
I also requested a free bag of pellets since my hopper was full and I ran the entire hopper through to the fire-pot to prevent a total melt-down.
My dealer came unglued.
I'm done... No more grill... New Traeger instead! Yea!
And... I'm by no means wealthy... or even close.
I have had my 640 for 2 years now and have had zero problems with it. I did the fan upgrade last year and it helped the pellet consumption, but mine was built before this feature was standard. I think you would be happy with it for a long time.
Yes, improvements have been made.
A temp probe port has been added
Improved door hinges.
the firebox is reenforced.
Check Rob Greens site
He did a review of the changes.
Be shure to check out the wheel mods on this forum.
search key words Yoder 640 wheel mods.
Edited by BBQ Pit Vulture - 1/30/15 at 1:12am
- Yoder Pellet smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › lookin for a new spinner .... 2 minutes ago
- › Need Help w/ figuring out RF Fuel Tank Smoker/Cooker build 3 minutes ago
- › Pickled pork, where have you been all my life 13 minutes ago
- › Hello everyone, lets talk pulled pork. 16 minutes ago
- › The brisket smoke 18 minutes ago
- › Thanks for the add. 29 minutes ago
- › Loin Chops, Extra Thick and Meaty 33 minutes ago
- › Smoked Chucky. 34 minutes ago
- › Brined chicken update. 36 minutes ago
- › Good Article on why bellies are expensive! 36 minutes ago
- › Masterbuilt 30" 20070312 with Window by ronaldjallen1
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by albell
- › Masterbuilt Model 20070210 30" Electric Smokehouse by SmokeScience
- › Char-Griller Competition Pro 8125 by Crankbolt
- › Outdoor Leisure 34168G Smoke Hollow Propane-Gas Smoker by raider2119
- › Masterbuilt 20070115 Bluetooth Smart Digital Electric Smoker,... by Jeff Houser
- › Masterbuilt 30" Black 20070511 by Smokingmax
- › Weber Summit S-670 by Grillin Joey
- › Old Country Brasos by SomeTexasSmoker
- › Traeger TFB29LZA Junior Elite Grill by PaulJ
- › Why in Thailand has many coconut shell.
- › Top 2 Traeger Grill in 2017
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ