I am a multiple Yoder smoker owner. I have to congratulate you as the one, and the only, person that I have every heard of, burning the pellet hopper, not once, but twice, in their Yoder cooker. In all the forums, at all the competitions I have been to, and out of the thousands of Yoder pellet cookers that are out there, you are the only one that can claim this feat, not just once, but twice. Glad your problem is now solved, believe me, so is Yoder's, your Yoder dealer's, and all of us Yoder owners. Happy smoking!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Smoke flavor on a pellet grill? Last post on 3/11/16 at 12:05pm in Wood Smokers
- pork butt on pellet grill Last post on 10/8/09 at 10:10am in Pork
- ever use wood pellets? Last post on 9/15/06 at 6:13pm in Woods for Smoking
- Howdy from Southeast Wisconsin Last post on 12/27/10 at 9:36am in Roll Call
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 1/21/17 at 1:48pm in Electric Smokers
Just purchased this unit a few weeks ago have only used it 3 time and just the love the way to cooks. Real easy to keep temps and the smoke box is huge.
This is my first smoker and I've had some great success with it already. It was pretty easy to get some good results even on my first runs. I switched from chips to chunks for the wood and it...
Wanted a decent electric smoker that was almost setup, start and let it do its job with miminal intervention! Is it perfect no but as I live in Scotland weather is a challenge at times so had a...
Simply the best. The Bentley of all grills and it's the only ceramic grill made in the USA. The 400XL will smoke two 20 pound turkeys.
The smoker came packaged very nicely and easy to assemble. The construction of it is pretty solid. I have used it twice so far and both times the smoker itself was good. I did put on a gasket...
Yoder Pellet smoker - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
for Grumpy (a year and a half ago). I'm a Weber guy ...the WSM may not be perfect but at least it doesn't burst into uncontrollable fire. I'd be VERY upset if I spent that much $$$$ on a cooker and it burst into flames!
After some initial success with my Yoder, and patching software (firmware), swapping out parts, dealing with temps all over the place, I decided I didn't want to be a Yoder repairman any longer and gave mine away.
Yes GAVE it away. That's how much I hated it.
Thank you for your support. The Yoder grills are built like a tank. Just a little more work on their design and engineering and they could likely have the best grill on the market.
The Yoder factory was very helpful on my first burn-up.
The Yoder "dealer" is my biggest issue. He said that since my grill had been rebuilt once that I would no longer get any warranty work done. It had been determined, through many emails and photos, with the Yoder company that first burn-up was due to un-updated written installation procedure on and upgrade kit. They were kind enough to totally rebuild it. I don't this this should have voided my warranty as my dealer said.
I only wanted a free bag of pellets (since I had to burn my full hopper dry to prevent more damage), and to be reimbursed for the thermocouple that I purchased ($35) when the grill was 23 months old. The factory said I had a 3 year warranty on this part and it should have been replaced free.
I really hated to "give away" an $1099 grill.
If I owned the company though... I do think this dealer could use some additional training.
I mean the Yoder company no harm, but I do think people should be aware of my issues so they can make intelligent decisions for themselves.
It appears grumpy's was a year and a half ago....this guy burnt up 2 hoppers......There are 2 sides to every story, then there is the truth. Hopefully his traeger wont burn up the hopper. Been there, done that
Yoder YS 640
Your Yoder YS640 is fully backed by our exceptional customer support and warranties.
The igniter is warrantied for one year; the 10-gauge cooking body for 10 years and the
control system for three years.
Firmware updates are offered to users through our dealer network and by inquiry to our
website. We will send a handheld programmer on loan and instructions for completing
a firmware upgrade.
For product support contact: email@example.com
Says here the Igniter is only under warranty for one year..Frustrating spending that kind of money and having problems...Sounds like a bad dealer also
It wasn't the igniter that was bad. It was the "thermocouple" that I was charged for when the grill was 23 months old. This measures the temperature and sends the information to the controller and therefore I feel is part of the "control" system.
You are correct above and the igniter has a 1-year warranty. The "controller" has a 3-year warranty.
I believe I should "not" have been charged for a replacement "thermocouple."
I also requested a free bag of pellets since my hopper was full and I ran the entire hopper through to the fire-pot to prevent a total melt-down.
My dealer came unglued.
I'm done... No more grill... New Traeger instead! Yea!
And... I'm by no means wealthy... or even close.
I have had my 640 for 2 years now and have had zero problems with it. I did the fan upgrade last year and it helped the pellet consumption, but mine was built before this feature was standard. I think you would be happy with it for a long time.
Yes, improvements have been made.
A temp probe port has been added
Improved door hinges.
the firebox is reenforced.
Check Rob Greens site
He did a review of the changes.
Be shure to check out the wheel mods on this forum.
search key words Yoder 640 wheel mods.
Edited by BBQ Pit Vulture - 1/30/15 at 1:12am
- Yoder Pellet smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Canada Goose Smoke Sausage 3 minutes ago
- › New Guy From Arizona 5 minutes ago
- › First butt - how careful do I need to be with the temperature 5 minutes ago
- › Stall 11 minutes ago
- › UDS Pork Butt 15 minutes ago
- › Mom turns 72 tomorrow, wants brisket and ribs, time to be a good son! 23 minutes ago
- › So what's everyone smoking this weekend? 25 minutes ago
- › Another Ribs thread! 28 minutes ago
- › Its 330 am time to smoke a butt! 31 minutes ago
- › Greetings from NJ 32 minutes ago
- › Helotes Salado Smoker by ShutterlyExpose
- › Grill Pro 31846 Propane Smoker by samwise
- › Bradley BTIS1 Original Fully Automatic 4-Rack Outdoor Food Smoker by ScotTex
- › Primo Oval XL Ceramic Grill by ZombieKitty
- › DGO1176BDC-D Vertical Offset Charcoal Smoker by Tragusa113
- › Pit Boss Grills 71820 Wood Pellet Grill by AB Canuck
- › Pit Boss 71700FB Pellet Grill with Flame Broiler, 700 sq. in. by BDawg
- › Traeger Industries, Inc. Timberline 850 by Submariner
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by ednosnaws
- › Big Green Egg Kamado Grill MiniMax Portable Outdoor Smoker barbeque... by jshillin
- › From Bon Appétit - Breaking down and...
- › My First Smoked Brisket
- › The "UNCURED" Fallacy
- › Fassett's Quality Foods
- › CURING and SMOKING - The Basics
- › Hamburger, ground beef, minced beef
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer