I am a multiple Yoder smoker owner. I have to congratulate you as the one, and the only, person that I have every heard of, burning the pellet hopper, not once, but twice, in their Yoder cooker. In all the forums, at all the competitions I have been to, and out of the thousands of Yoder pellet cookers that are out there, you are the only one that can claim this feat, not just once, but twice. Glad your problem is now solved, believe me, so is Yoder's, your Yoder dealer's, and all of us Yoder owners. Happy smoking!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Smoke flavor on a pellet grill? Last post on 3/11/16 at 12:05pm in Wood Smokers
- pork butt on pellet grill Last post on 10/8/09 at 10:10am in Pork
- ever use wood pellets? Last post on 9/15/06 at 6:13pm in Woods for Smoking
- Howdy from Southeast Wisconsin Last post on 12/27/10 at 9:36am in Roll Call
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 1/21/17 at 1:48pm in Electric Smokers
I really enjoyed this smoker - It is being retired for a Old Country Pecos
The family got this for me for a birthday gift ( I chose it, they paid for it). I did not get the WIFI version. Got it home, assembled it (easy) and fired it up. The temp would not stabilize, it...
Bought my T. JR 5 years ago at a Costco roadshow. It made for an affordable start in the smoking and pellet cooker space. Easy setup, but on burn-in the controller and fan burned out. ...
Loving the extra room on the LUX. (Bought as Cabela's Magnum) Smoked 3 turkeys (at once) for thanksgiving and for SuperBowl did a 14lb brisket and 8 chicken quarters at the same time. I...
This thermometer is very accurate and the distance to the monitor is really good. I have had no problems with the probes as others have stated. BUT......it is a big pain to program!!!! Actually I...
Yoder Pellet smoker - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
for Grumpy (a year and a half ago). I'm a Weber guy ...the WSM may not be perfect but at least it doesn't burst into uncontrollable fire. I'd be VERY upset if I spent that much $$$$ on a cooker and it burst into flames!
After some initial success with my Yoder, and patching software (firmware), swapping out parts, dealing with temps all over the place, I decided I didn't want to be a Yoder repairman any longer and gave mine away.
Yes GAVE it away. That's how much I hated it.
Thank you for your support. The Yoder grills are built like a tank. Just a little more work on their design and engineering and they could likely have the best grill on the market.
The Yoder factory was very helpful on my first burn-up.
The Yoder "dealer" is my biggest issue. He said that since my grill had been rebuilt once that I would no longer get any warranty work done. It had been determined, through many emails and photos, with the Yoder company that first burn-up was due to un-updated written installation procedure on and upgrade kit. They were kind enough to totally rebuild it. I don't this this should have voided my warranty as my dealer said.
I only wanted a free bag of pellets (since I had to burn my full hopper dry to prevent more damage), and to be reimbursed for the thermocouple that I purchased ($35) when the grill was 23 months old. The factory said I had a 3 year warranty on this part and it should have been replaced free.
I really hated to "give away" an $1099 grill.
If I owned the company though... I do think this dealer could use some additional training.
I mean the Yoder company no harm, but I do think people should be aware of my issues so they can make intelligent decisions for themselves.
It appears grumpy's was a year and a half ago....this guy burnt up 2 hoppers......There are 2 sides to every story, then there is the truth. Hopefully his traeger wont burn up the hopper. Been there, done that
Yoder YS 640
Your Yoder YS640 is fully backed by our exceptional customer support and warranties.
The igniter is warrantied for one year; the 10-gauge cooking body for 10 years and the
control system for three years.
Firmware updates are offered to users through our dealer network and by inquiry to our
website. We will send a handheld programmer on loan and instructions for completing
a firmware upgrade.
For product support contact: email@example.com
Says here the Igniter is only under warranty for one year..Frustrating spending that kind of money and having problems...Sounds like a bad dealer also
It wasn't the igniter that was bad. It was the "thermocouple" that I was charged for when the grill was 23 months old. This measures the temperature and sends the information to the controller and therefore I feel is part of the "control" system.
You are correct above and the igniter has a 1-year warranty. The "controller" has a 3-year warranty.
I believe I should "not" have been charged for a replacement "thermocouple."
I also requested a free bag of pellets since my hopper was full and I ran the entire hopper through to the fire-pot to prevent a total melt-down.
My dealer came unglued.
I'm done... No more grill... New Traeger instead! Yea!
And... I'm by no means wealthy... or even close.
I have had my 640 for 2 years now and have had zero problems with it. I did the fan upgrade last year and it helped the pellet consumption, but mine was built before this feature was standard. I think you would be happy with it for a long time.
Yes, improvements have been made.
A temp probe port has been added
Improved door hinges.
the firebox is reenforced.
Check Rob Greens site
He did a review of the changes.
Be shure to check out the wheel mods on this forum.
search key words Yoder 640 wheel mods.
Edited by BBQ Pit Vulture - 1/30/15 at 1:12am
- Yoder Pellet smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › Hi from a Newbie 22 minutes ago
- › Pulled lamb w Qview 27 minutes ago
- › ThermoPro Intro Post! 41 minutes ago
- › Do I Have an Original New Braunfels Smoker? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › is there a good reason not to use a 60L barrel in a MiniWSM build ? 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › first chuck roast 1 hour, 17 minutes ago
- › New member that needs some advice on smoking ribs 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › New MES Bluetooth Digital smoker 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Wet T-shirt contest winner--PROCEED WITH CAUTION! 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Wood and Smoke Guide 2 hours, 20 minutes ago
- › Brinkmann 805-2101-S Pitmaster Deluxe Smoke 'N Pit by cdpromo1
- › Davy Crockett by accunlmtd
- › Traeger Junior Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Camp Chef SmokePro LUX Pellet Grill by Joe Fenn
- › Black Maverick ET-733 Long Range Wireless Dual Probe BBQ Smoker... by Sauced
- › Nesco VS-02 Food Vacuum Sealer, Black/Silver by Sauced
- › FireBoard - Cloud Connected Smart Thermometer by SmokinAl
- › Masterbuilt XL 44 propane smoker by comer4tide
- › Sausage And Jerky Makers' Bible: The Home Processor's... by Kirby27
- › Great Sausage Recipes and Meat Curing by Rytek Kutas by scubohuntr
- › A great foldable smoker, one of a kind
- › Dr. Baker's Famous Chicken BBQ
- › CURING INFORMATION BY NEPAS
- › Goodly Vacuum Sealer
- › Differences Between Spareribs, St. Louis...
- › Pre-Proportioning Mix Ingredients
- › Smoked Octopus on Taro "toast" slices
- › ABT with sausage, and grated cheese.
- › Maintaining Grinder Plates and Knives
- › FDA Curing and Smoking Regulations