I am a multiple Yoder smoker owner. I have to congratulate you as the one, and the only, person that I have every heard of, burning the pellet hopper, not once, but twice, in their Yoder cooker. In all the forums, at all the competitions I have been to, and out of the thousands of Yoder pellet cookers that are out there, you are the only one that can claim this feat, not just once, but twice. Glad your problem is now solved, believe me, so is Yoder's, your Yoder dealer's, and all of us Yoder owners. Happy smoking!
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Smoke flavor on a pellet grill? Last post on 3/11/16 at 12:05pm in Wood Smokers
- pork butt on pellet grill Last post on 10/8/09 at 10:10am in Pork
- ever use wood pellets? Last post on 9/15/06 at 6:13pm in Woods for Smoking
- Howdy from Southeast Wisconsin Last post on 12/27/10 at 9:36am in Roll Call
- Anyone use wood pellets in their MES? Last post on 6/12/16 at 8:49pm in Electric Smokers
I had been looking to get a smoker and was researching a few different models. My hand was forced when my grill quit working, so I ended up getting this rather quickly as a result. My rationale...
I took this back after 2 weeks. A part needed to be replaced and they sent it to me for ME to install and change out. That job is not mine for something I paid over a grande for. They finally got a...
Purchased one of these instead of buying a Yoder Smoker Wichita. Was reluctant because of the negative reviews but the price was right for $380, verses the Yoder for $1600. Once purchased I used...
Have owned this smoker for 2 weeks now. Smoked on it 5 times and every time everything on it turned out great. I have had experience smoking on some like it. So no learning curve at all for it....
This is a good smoker for the beginner who does not want to get to involved with staying up all night monitoring temp/coals. Just fill the hopper and set the temp, when it is warmed up toss in your...
Yoder Pellet smoker - Page 3
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
for Grumpy (a year and a half ago). I'm a Weber guy ...the WSM may not be perfect but at least it doesn't burst into uncontrollable fire. I'd be VERY upset if I spent that much $$$$ on a cooker and it burst into flames!
After some initial success with my Yoder, and patching software (firmware), swapping out parts, dealing with temps all over the place, I decided I didn't want to be a Yoder repairman any longer and gave mine away.
Yes GAVE it away. That's how much I hated it.
Thank you for your support. The Yoder grills are built like a tank. Just a little more work on their design and engineering and they could likely have the best grill on the market.
The Yoder factory was very helpful on my first burn-up.
The Yoder "dealer" is my biggest issue. He said that since my grill had been rebuilt once that I would no longer get any warranty work done. It had been determined, through many emails and photos, with the Yoder company that first burn-up was due to un-updated written installation procedure on and upgrade kit. They were kind enough to totally rebuild it. I don't this this should have voided my warranty as my dealer said.
I only wanted a free bag of pellets (since I had to burn my full hopper dry to prevent more damage), and to be reimbursed for the thermocouple that I purchased ($35) when the grill was 23 months old. The factory said I had a 3 year warranty on this part and it should have been replaced free.
I really hated to "give away" an $1099 grill.
If I owned the company though... I do think this dealer could use some additional training.
I mean the Yoder company no harm, but I do think people should be aware of my issues so they can make intelligent decisions for themselves.
It appears grumpy's was a year and a half ago....this guy burnt up 2 hoppers......There are 2 sides to every story, then there is the truth. Hopefully his traeger wont burn up the hopper. Been there, done that
Yoder YS 640
Your Yoder YS640 is fully backed by our exceptional customer support and warranties.
The igniter is warrantied for one year; the 10-gauge cooking body for 10 years and the
control system for three years.
Firmware updates are offered to users through our dealer network and by inquiry to our
website. We will send a handheld programmer on loan and instructions for completing
a firmware upgrade.
For product support contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Says here the Igniter is only under warranty for one year..Frustrating spending that kind of money and having problems...Sounds like a bad dealer also
It wasn't the igniter that was bad. It was the "thermocouple" that I was charged for when the grill was 23 months old. This measures the temperature and sends the information to the controller and therefore I feel is part of the "control" system.
You are correct above and the igniter has a 1-year warranty. The "controller" has a 3-year warranty.
I believe I should "not" have been charged for a replacement "thermocouple."
I also requested a free bag of pellets since my hopper was full and I ran the entire hopper through to the fire-pot to prevent a total melt-down.
My dealer came unglued.
I'm done... No more grill... New Traeger instead! Yea!
And... I'm by no means wealthy... or even close.
I have had my 640 for 2 years now and have had zero problems with it. I did the fan upgrade last year and it helped the pellet consumption, but mine was built before this feature was standard. I think you would be happy with it for a long time.
Yes, improvements have been made.
A temp probe port has been added
Improved door hinges.
the firebox is reenforced.
Check Rob Greens site
He did a review of the changes.
Be shure to check out the wheel mods on this forum.
search key words Yoder 640 wheel mods.
Edited by BBQ Pit Vulture - 1/30/15 at 1:12am
- Yoder Pellet smoker
SmokingMeatForums.com Top Picks
- › looking for a very mild snack stick/slim jim/pepperette recipe 8 minutes ago
- › PABEEF 26 minutes ago
- › Salt and pepper Tri tip over post oak 59 minutes ago
- › It's what's for dinner 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Debunking Beer Can Chicken 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Cold smoke attachment and bacon 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Just a "Little" pulled pork 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › My first build. 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Apple Dumpling!!!! 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Brisket time! 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN TRIPLE (3) BURNER by wbf610
- › Traeger Texas Pellet Grill by ammaturesmoker
- › OKLAHOMA JOE'S LONGHORN SMOKER by Joseph Varaksa
- › Smokin-it model 3 by smokin-pete
- › Camp Chef Camp Chef Pellet Grill & Smoker Deluxe by CHRISTOPH
- › Outdoor Leisure Products (OLP) Smoke Hollow 47180T 4-in-1 by PhillipLeondria
- › Masterbuilt Dual-fuel Pro by StillAqua
- › Smoke Hollow 44241G2 44-Inch Vertical LP Gas Smoker by kentluman
- › Weber 731001 Smokey Mountain Cooker 22.5-Inch Smoker by jjcreole
- › A-MAZE-N-SMOKER by tjdcorona