Here is an Old Bay Recipe knock off , which I use. You may want to increase the celery seed a tad, other than that it's all good. Try it on your chicken, or try it as a new and different rub. It's all good there too! Any way here it is.
Delmarva Seasoning (Old Bay Substitute) Recipe #170734
10 min | 10 min prep
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground celery seed
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon bay leaf powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- Combine all ingredients, stirring well to mix.
- Stored in a tightly-sealed container in a cool, dark place, seasonings will keep indefinitely.
- (Note: To give you a hint of how far this will go -- My favorite crab cake recipe is #81656 by pgserver6. To serve 10 people, this calls for 2 teaspoons of seasoning.).