Stock from Cooked Chicken Bones

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
I been doing this for years and sure many of you are also. I never throw chicken bones away from a cook. I freeze and when need stock throw them in the pressure cooker with onion and celery. Most come from Sam's rotisserie. I just cover bones with water and add black pepper. 30 minutes under pressure. This makes the best stock! Somehow I never have beef bones
:emoji_disappointed: and I love Pho.

I been doing this for years and sure many of you are also. I never throw chicken bones away from a cook. I freeze and when need stock throw them in the pressure cooker with onion and celery. Most come from Sam's rotisserie. I just cover bones with water and add black pepper. 30 minutes under pressure. This makes the best stock! Somehow I never have beef bones
:emoji_disappointed: and I love Pho.
I always have intentions to do this and also vegetable trimmings and never do. One of these days

I always make stock from chicken bones as well. rotisserie or raw. Bones, celery, onion, garlic peppercorns - boil 4-8 hours. Homemade stock is so rich and delishious!

We usually do this the next day after we have roast chicken. Roast chicken one night, chicken noodle soup the next. I love being able to get 2-3 family meals out of one bird. Especially now that they run me $16 a chicken now. Prior to covid we could get them for around $7 per.

We rotisserie whole chickens on the gasser, we have it for dinner that day then the chickens get cleaned, the meat frozen or made into chk salad, soup, cream chicken, potpie, etc,, We then cook the chicken carcasses down for stock, we'll stuff the chickens with onion, celery, garlic and cook all that down with the carcasses. The wife has recently begun freezing the cooked down stock in ice cube trays and then a freezer bag so its easy to access when needed.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky