5.5 Inch German Bologna (Venison) Smoked then SV with QView!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
tallbm tallbm these are my go to tortillas now. Zero net carb large tortillas. I mostly buy the ones on the right. Last month Meijers was out of stock so I ordered a six pack straight from the factory online View attachment 694712
Oooh I'll have to look into those more. No Meijers in Tx though so will have to see what I can discover :D

Oooh I'll have to look into those more. No Meijers in Tx though so will have to see what I can discover :D
The one on the right can be ordered in six packs straight from them online. I think th one on thecleft is carried by Netrition.

That sausage looks about prefect. Congrats on the carousel ride too!

You are a brave man trying the 5.5 inch chubs. I usually stick with 3.0 or 3.5 inch chubs when making sandwich sized sausage. I totally get why you are trying the larger diameter though.

The one on the right can be ordered in six packs straight from them online. I think th one on thecleft is carried by Netrition.
I think a grocery store in my home town (HEB) may carry the La Tortilla Factory ones. I'll have to check. I do have an HEB not far from me but it's a freakin mad house and not worth me stepping into for just about any reason, but I may brave it to try these lol.

That bologna looks great. I need to find some of the bigger casings and give this a whirl. Got about 25# of venison left.
Thanks! The Sausage maker carries big ones like this. I looked and looks like they moved from 5.5 to 5.7 inch ones (145mm) as their biggest. Next biggest is 4.8inch / 124mm. The only site I had found that had really big fibrous casings :)

That sausage looks about prefect. Congrats on the carousel ride too!

You are a brave man trying the 5.5 inch chubs. I usually stick with 3.0 or 3.5 inch chubs when making sandwich sized sausage. I totally get why you are trying the larger diameter though.
Thanks! Oh I didn't know I made the carousel, been a while :D Yeah was an interesting adventure it being my SV but I felt pretty good about it and the homework I did on it all. I'm glad it all panned out :D
I'm not gonna lie, I'm digging the bigger casings. Less stuff to mess with and can use a giant stuffing tube so cranking is a breeze as a 1 man job. The only other sausage recipe I do that would be perfect would be my ground Pastrami one. I've been debating doing it as well hahaha :D

TBM, Awesome job on your bologna, I too love SV for finishing my summer sausage, my go to temp is 140. There is never any fat out going on but it takes a bit longer. Again nice job!

TBM, Awesome job on your bologna, I too love SV for finishing my summer sausage, my go to temp is 140. There is never any fat out going on but it takes a bit longer. Again nice job!
Thanks! Yeah I have some playing around to do, Not sure when I'll do another SV sausage but maybe I'll do another big sandwich meant style one "for science" lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky