Your favorite cheeseburger cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

whistlepig

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Dec 23, 2011
Preble County, OH
I smoked my first burgers a couple of weeks ago and really liked 'em smoked. I was just wondering what kind of cheeses are good to try. I like Swiss, Provolone, and American cheese on my burgers. That's my total experience with cheese on burgers. There hundreds of different types of cheese to try and was wanting to try something new and was looking for some suggestions here.   

Try pepper jack!  Only cheese I don't like on burgers is any type of blue cheese or very soft cheeses like Edam  Oh yea  Smoked Gouda is great

I love a good cheddar or pepper jack. Also like to add jalopeno's to the burger with the pepper jack. If you are grilling them cracked black pepper topped with blue cheese is amazing.   

i'm with scar   jalapenos and pepperjack are the way to go with a fat onion slice and mustard

I use Kraft Black Label Extra Sharp Cheddar and Cooper Sharp American. I like Port Wine Wispride Spread as well. Brie is supposed to be good but I never tried it and as far as Blue veined cheese goes Stilton is my first choice...JJ

I use a good well aged Cheddar cheese -- my twist on this is to mix the cheese with the meat to make what I would say is a 'real' cheeseburger
ROTF.gif
  and not a piece of cheese on a burger
icon_neutral.gif

pepper jack!

have you try stuff burgers ? put the cheese and anything else you like on the inside then smoke it.
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Try Gouda.

Nice smokey flavor to it that will compliment the burgers. 

If you want to take it a step farther... Burger topped ( or stuffed ) with leftover pulled pork, bbq sauce gouda, onion and a bun. Its a good pairing. 

I ordered a Stufz burger maker today .Looks like pepper jack is leading the pack right now. I did some cheese research tonight and pepper jack does go very well with jalapenos. I do like jalapenos. I'm trying to go back to basics. Get the cheese and meat right and then go on from there.   

I ordered a Stufz burger maker today .Looks like pepper jack is leading the pack right now. I did some cheese research tonight and pepper jack does go very well with jalapenos. I do like jalapenos. I'm trying to go back to basics. Get the cheese and meat right and then go on from there.   
that what I have and it works great !!!! 

don"t forget Q-view of the first stuff burgers

Colby Jack for the family Pepper jack for me.  It all depends on the toppings if you ever add Avacado you need to try a queso fresco with it. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky