You want an MES sun shield? I'll show you a sun shield...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ryanhoelzer

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Nov 26, 2009
Converse, TX
They're calling for rain or snow this weekend and I have a brisket and some jerky planned so I decided to make the weather guard that was in my head.

It took me 2 8' stick of alluminum angle and a 24x24 sheet of 26 ga steel. I wanted to do the top in alluminum but couldn't find any at Lowes so I settled for the steel.

Tomorrow I need to find a couple strips of steel to modify the control panel to bring it forward and up to where I want it.

coverframe1.jpg

coverframe2.jpg

coverwithtop.jpg

coverbottomview.jpg

Wow, what happened to my thread title? I must have hit the touchpad in the middle of typing it.

Should read "You want an MES sun shield? I'll show you a sun shield..."

Ryan, that is WAY too cool! Definately sprint car material there! Great idea and execution.

You need to be voted in for a MOD award!

Don't encourage him! Next thing you'll know, he'll be making a smoker out of a truck bed, and cutting holes in the cab to get to his meat while driving!

I'll make some sense of bagleyb's post..

In college I cut a hole from the cab to the bed of a mini truck and built a speaker box that went about a 3rd of the way into the bed. It had 2 15" subs in a box that barely showed in the cab.

Nice mod received an award and resembles R2D2. You should get extra
points.gif
Those controller brackets are sweet. Is the controller solid or a little wobbbblllyy.

Jim

It's pretty solid. I bent the brackets a little extra to make it press against the top some when the screws are tightened. I thought about building something to the bottom but don't think I'll bother.

I'm going to keep my eyes out for a plastic box that might fit over the top, otherwise I'll probably bend a piece of steel or alluminum to cover.

Kurt
I know this is going to sound stupid but please help. i have posted only a few times, but would like to do some more. I have some q view I would like to share. Problem is I dont recall how i posted them before and nobody has answered me.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky