You know you have a smoking/bbq "problem" when.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mossymo

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
May 30, 2007
Glenburn, North Dakota
Share your experiences or thoughts on this subject. For me, 3 different thoughts come to mind. The first just happened to me last evening.

For quite a few months my wife has been bugging me for us to go out to a new steak house in town that we have been hearing nothing but good about. Finally last night I agreed. When I start looking at the menu I do not want to order the ribs because I feel I can just make my own and then when I look at the prices on the menu and when we get our bill I can not help but thinking about the butts, ribs and briskets we could have purchased with that money !!!

My second issue is I can not drive by a salvage yard without looking in and seeing if their may be something I can make a unique smoker out of. In fact when I go to Subway I am always eyeballing their bread ovens and wondering when it just might break down and need replacing !!!

My third is no matter what home improvement center I go to I have to go look at the smokers and wood chips. Now when entering a Super Walmart,….. look out. They have smokers, woodchips and a meat department, it is like a wish list heaven !!!

my name is gypsy & i'm a smokeaholic.......
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

ROFL! I do the same thing but it's with smoking and brewing stuff!

I scan the trash piles along the road while drive someplace.

I find a scrap of metal and wonder if it will fit into a smoker or smoke accessory I might build.

I see a container of some sort and see a possible wood storage container, grain bin, kegerator parts etc.

ergh!
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

You all have it bad I would never get that way. uuuuuum that was not me that got the junkyard smoker a few months back ok so it was me. weeelllll I guess I have it bad too. Please disregard the first sentance. hehehehe

The restaurant thing happened to me just last week... The wife and I went to one of our favorite steakhouses that grill their steaks on a mesquite fire grill.... So I just ASSUMED that their ribs would be mesquite smoked too.... no, just low and slow in an oven and slathered in a commercial bbq sauce. sigh
icon_sad.gif

i just looked in the chest freezer & there is not 1 package of uncooked meat & the durn thing is full to the top. i'm using the excuse that i have to "practice" for that bbq cookoff to go get some hide tomorrow. i may have to find some homeless people to donate to to make some room.... yes i have a smoking problem.......
icon_razz.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky