Yet another rib question...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gregc

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Howdy,

The last time I smoked ribs, I made a St. Louis cut and threw away all the extra meat(did not know what to do with it). Anyway, I did a search and found that you should smoke it and eat as snacks during the smoke. My question is, How do you prepare the extra meat? Do you cut it into small peices? Put Rub on it? Any info on how you prepare yours would be appreciated. Thanks!!

If I bother to trim St Louis style which I usually don't I just rub the pieces and smoke them however they come off when I trim the ribs. Big pieces small pieces they all taste good

Greg,

I usually put the extra bits in a 1/2 pan or wrap up in foil with a beer and some different rub you've wanted to try - or expand on your original rub.  Then snack on as done and you have a bit of an experiment to compare to the other ribs as they finish.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky