Yet another question about meat loaf

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ozark rt

Meat Mopper
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jan 25, 2007
North Arkansas
Got my first attempt at meat loaf sitting in a disposable pan at 250 right now. My questions are do any of you poke holes in the bottom to drain the juices while cooking? How does not draining vs. draining affect cooking times / internal temps?

What I usually do Ozark, is cook the meatloaf for an hour or so, then gently take a pair of scissors, and cut the aluminum foil pan at the corners....slide the meatloaf out onto the grate, and smoke as you would anything else. An hour is usually enought to firm it up, then it will get the full smoke treatment after you remove the pan.

good luck and good smoking!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Thanks Hoser sounds like a good idea. Should I spray/mist a meat loaf as it cooks like I do other meats or is it juicy enough that it won't dry out?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky