Yet another new member post. :-)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

falconer

Original poster
Jan 19, 2010
Howdy, Y'all.
Name's Charlie Kaiser. Living in Kingman, AZ. Grew up in VA, and remember the "Three Pigs Barbeque" in McLean, Va as one of the best I've ever eaten.
I've been a grillin' fan for a long time (Weber gas, Weber electric). For the past year or so I've been experimenting with smoking (bably backs, pork chops) on the weber gas grill and have had decent results, but the temps were WAY too hard to keep just right. Either too hot or too cold, especially in cooler weather. So a couple of weeks ago, I picked up a lightly used GOSM off Craigslist for $40.
Tried some pork chops and they came out nicely flavored but dry. I was messing around with my thermometers trying to make things work and it wasn't happening so I ordered the ET-73 as per forum recommendations. Got that yesterday. A couple of days ago I did some salmon fillets (frozen, prepackaged, not fresh; used bottled spices instead of fresh) and they came out passable. Nice flavor, decent sauce from the forum. I'll try again with fresh everything soon.

Now I have the ET-73 and was ready to try something bigger.
So yesterday I did a pork butt from the Meowey sticky forum recipe.
It came out GREAT. Still had trouble with smoke using the stock chip pan but will work on that.
I have a decent finishing sauce recipe that I'll post as well.

If anyone else knows Three Pigs in McLean, and might have a reasonable copy of their sauce, I'd love to see it!

Catch y'all in the forums.

Charlie Kaiser
Falconer
Kingman, AZ

Welcome to SMF home of FATTY < Qview < 5 Day eCourse < ABT s < MES and a welcome wagon 2nd to none .

Hello Charlie and Welcome to SMF. Glad to have you here with us. Be sure to post some qview when you get a chance

Welcome, Glad to have you with us. This is the place to learn, lots of good info and helpful friendly Members.

For Those of you New to Smoking, be sure to check out Jeff's 5 Day Smoking Basics eCourse.
Click Here it's "FREE"... 5 Day eCourse

How to post Qview to Forum:

When you uploading to Photobucket I always use the Large IMG setting, 640 x 480 it is a nice size...

Everyone here enjoys seeing the Qview so be sure to post plenty of pics...

Large ones that us old people with bad eyes can see.

For Step By Step Instructions On Posting Qview Check Out This Tutorial

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=82034

First off welcome Charlie to SMF. You'll like it here cause there are abunch of good folks here that would just love to help you out with just about anything to do with smoking. We really like to have newbies here because they can bring in a new propective to how things are done. There's nothing like a new set of eyes to give and new way to make things that little differant to make things alittle better. So I hope you know about the Qview here.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ad.php?t=58920
Here's a link to photobucket it's free and easy to download pictures. Then if your really new to smoking Look up the E-course.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...play.php?f=127
It's also free and it will give you the basics of smoking. So after all of that you just need to go grab something to smoke and if you have any question just post them here and we will answer it quickly so you don't have any mishaps with your smoke.
Welcome To Your New Addiction

welcome_clipart.gif
to the best place on the web dedicated to smoking meat. Hope you like it here. Learn lots, then help others. That's what we're all about here.

Hello Charlie, and welcome to the SMF. Thanks for the nice introduction, makes it a little easier when we have to reply to a question that you might have. Do you get down to Bullhead much? I visit there about 3-4 times a year. It's all good my friend.

We get to BHC once in a while. They have a Lowe's and Sam's Club there. By the time it gets to be mid April or so, it's too hot to get down there. Any place that can be over 120ºF at 10:00 PM is just wrong... :-)

Hello Charlie, and welcome aboard! Glad you joined us. Congrats on your first successful PP smoke. It only gets better from here!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky