Yesterdays reward! With QView

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

hdsrob

Original poster
May 25, 2008
Palmetto, FL
My first pulled pork, first run in my new smoker, and my first QView.

After a rough start, and a long day (and most of the night) getting to know my smoker, I have was rewarded with this at 7 this morning.

Pulled pork for breakfast, it doesn't get better than this.

I have ribs on now, and a chicken in a brine, so more pics to follow.

WOW!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
that looks so good! Your 1st time too? Congrats. Whens breakfast an where? We can bring the toast, LOL

We are going to try a tenderloin in ours, fingers crossed
icon_exclaim.gif

Major props to your first butt smoke! Those are a rite of passage being the time you spend with them and all. Looks like a tasty breakfast is to be had to get you on your way for today!
biggrin.gif

Good job on your first. All those troubles throughout the process don't seem as bad once ya got a plate ready.
biggrin.gif

very good job. It gets even better, ansd alot less troublesome, trust me, it does!
icon_wink.gif

Thanks so much guys,

It was definitely worth the hassle.
I had trouble getting it above 200 yesterday, so I started the morning with a power drill (after I had eggs n q!) and added about 10 holes to my charcoal pan. It's running right at 220 - 230 today.

I'm definitely going to do a coal basket. I was looking at them yesterday on the forum, but didn't have time to run to Home Depot this morning. Have the folks and in laws coming this afternoon, and needed to get the smoke going.

Good job you are on your way now.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Had the door open while I was adding coal, moping, and adding some ABT's that I decided to do at the last minute... thought I'd grab some pics

I'm going to need a rib rack next ...

Wow, nice going on your first. That looks great. The SMF is a wonderful thing to pull you through.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky