Yesterday’s Beef Ribs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lancep

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
North Mississippi

So here in the beautiful North Mississppi hill country, pork is cheap and beef not so much. As a result, I smoke a lot more pork these days. Now I love some pig as much as the next guy but every once in a while my Texas roots Demand BEEF!! That’s where I’m at currently. Last Sunday was Brisket and yesterday it was beef ribs. Our selection out here is pretty limited so these are the chinsy ones,  but meatier than most offerings I see around here. These were rubbed with salt and pepper, smoked for 3 hours, then foiled with a little sauce for about 2 1/2. Once I pulled them, I emptied the water pan and through them on bones up for a couple minutes then flipped and sauced for a couple more. For the sauce I did a simple Austinish sauce but then added some savory herbs. It was a perfect fit. All in all it was a perfect  answer to my beef cravings. I’ll probably smoke some chicken next and then get my pig on. Not too many pictures since I shattered my phone on Saturday, but, I got a couple with my daughter’s camera. Hope y’all have a wonderful week!!

Man, they were Sooooo good!! I did four of those four bone slabs. One for me, one for the mrs, one for the 14 yo. I got the fourth as a snack later last night. Thank sir for the points!!!

Lance they look good,not to many places around here with decent ones. Points

Richie

points.gif

Those look marvelous, Lance.

We have the same problem with beef prices around here. Sometimes you just have to pry your wallet open and go for it!

Points.

Disco

Those look marvelous, Lance.

We have the same problem with beef prices around here. Sometimes you just have to pry your wallet open and go for it!

Points.

Disco

Thank you Disco! You're telling me!! Like I said I do a lot of pork now but sometimes I just gotta have some beef. I did those with some maple syrup mixed into a very unsweet Texas sauce and some savory herbs. Less syrup than with the pork ribs, but just enough to get a good glaze. Thanks for the points!!!

They look great,looks better then I normally see.

Hey thanks man! I haven't done beef ribs in about 4 yrs so I was sweating it a little. Mama doesn't like the chinsy amount of meat on what little we can find so just stopped trying. These were a little better but one of these days I have to find some shorts or plates. Maybe when we go back home to Texas for a visit this fall......

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky