• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Yes My First Whole Chicken- Brined and Smoked

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Nice chicken David. I may have to give that a whirl. What kind of smoker is that?

Thanks Brian for the like and the comment

It really was 1 of the best chickens I have ever had,
Yes your turn to give it a whirl :emoji_cloud_tornado::emoji_cloud_tornado:

The smoker is a Masterchef Duel Fuel Adventure series ( propane and/or charcoal )
DSC_2055.JPG DSC_2129.JPG DSC_2149.JPG
I have done a few good mods to it . Not as much as OldSmoke OldSmoke has done to his, but i'm getting there. lol

David

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 15, 2012
That sure is one stand-up bird David. Nicely done and congrats on the ride

Point for sure
Chris

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
That sure is one stand-up bird David. Nicely done and congrats on the ride

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Ha ha , good play on words there Chris.....Stand -up
And yes the ride is very much appreciated , was not expecting that for my chicken

David

normanaj

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 2, 2014
Outstanding!

This is pretty much how I do whole birds too. But instead of apple juice I use the Ocean Spray Cranberry/BlackBerry 100%.

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Outstanding!

This is pretty much how I do whole birds too. But instead of apple juice I use the Ocean Spray Cranberry/BlackBerry 100%.

Thanks norman for the like and the comment

This will happen again, the ocean spray sounds good also.
How much of it do you use in the brine

David

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Great looking bird! But where the sammich pic?
Jim

Thanks Jim for the comment

It was a great smoke

Pic coming later today .
was a late night . Had to make an airport run. Wife's sister invading the house for couple weeks

David

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Is that a good thing? :emoji_wink: :emoji_laughing:
Jim

Last time she was here she sat at the table and said she was hungry, so Mona would get up and make her a sandwich to her liking.
After a couple days of this I had to take her by the hand and up to the countertop show her how to butter her bread and make her own sandwich. And I said this is not a restaurant.
Well the house was quite for a few days . not a word from Mona or her sister . But lots of ugly looks.

We will see how this couple weeks go . lol

Sounds mean but she makes her little sister feel like she has to wait on her .:emoji_anguished:

David

clifish

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined May 25, 2019
Great color on that bird David! How was the skin? I really need to work on my knife work cutting up a bird, mine looks like it was shredded when I am done.

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Great color on that bird David! How was the skin? I really need to work on my knife work cutting up a bird, mine looks like it was shredded when I am done.

Thanks Cliff for the like and the comment

Chicken was real good , Skin was very good. If you take a bite on the leg you can bite through the skin. Not rubbery at all. But with the chicken so juicy the skin slides off easy.

Sometimes I get a little knife silly also, most times I slice ok

David

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.