Yellowfin tuna

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Ooaaronoo

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Mar 24, 2019
My first try at yellowfin. Definitely will be making it again. Wife even approved

Attachments

• 20210804_182456.jpg
    20210804_182456.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 43
Looks good. How about details?
Got some steaks close to a inch thick. Used chef Paul's seafood season. Had the grill around 425-450. Cooked each side around 6 minutes each. Pulled at 130° i.t. should have went at 120°-125°. But this was my first run and didn't want it rare. A texture issue there. But flavor wise was good and the wife approved so thats a win.

Reactions: Steve H
Got some steaks close to a inch thick. Used chef Paul's seafood season. Had the grill around 425-450. Cooked each side around 6 minutes each. Pulled at 130° i.t. should have went at 120°-125°. But this was my first run and didn't want it rare. A texture issue there. But flavor wise was good and the wife approved so thats a win.
We love Yellowfin. Thick cut, usually 1"-1 1/2" thick or thicker. I usually pan sear in a very hot cast iron skillet with EVOO and salt & pepper. For us, it's got to be very rare with a crust on the outside. I don't check the internal temp, just cook by sight...

Reactions: Ooaaronoo
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky