• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Yellowfin tuna

Steve H

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2018
Looks good. How about details?

Ooaaronoo

Smoke Blower
Joined Mar 24, 2019
Looks good. How about details?
Got some steaks close to a inch thick. Used chef Paul's seafood season. Had the grill around 425-450. Cooked each side around 6 minutes each. Pulled at 130° i.t. should have went at 120°-125°. But this was my first run and didn't want it rare. A texture issue there. But flavor wise was good and the wife approved so thats a win.

Fueling Around

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Dec 10, 2018
Yellow Fin or Ahi tuna is very good. Wife and I don't like it rare. We prefer cooked through.

A unique transformation is to salt cure and smoke. Many people will think it is pork

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2018
Got some steaks close to a inch thick. Used chef Paul's seafood season. Had the grill around 425-450. Cooked each side around 6 minutes each. Pulled at 130° i.t. should have went at 120°-125°. But this was my first run and didn't want it rare. A texture issue there. But flavor wise was good and the wife approved so thats a win.
We love Yellowfin. Thick cut, usually 1"-1 1/2" thick or thicker. I usually pan sear in a very hot cast iron skillet with EVOO and salt & pepper. For us, it's got to be very rare with a crust on the outside. I don't check the internal temp, just cook by sight...

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.