Yearly project time

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokebuzz

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jul 14, 2006
IOWA!!
This year I am going to try to get that "knock your socks off" Bourbon glaze for bugers nailed down. This is 1 sauce/rub that has eluded me for ALONG time. In the past I have wore out my freinds and family trying to perfect a rub/sauce/glaze , so I think their up for this 1.

In the past when I got serious about a bourbon burger glaze, I started with some/and/or
Ketchup
moleasses
sourgam
touch of vinegar
rubs,spices
mustard
and so on, then dillited with bourbon. Not sure what I'm gonna start with, but I'm sure i'll get fat and drunk in process this summer.

Any Ideas? as to a good base starter.

AND, the glaze I'm trying to match/copy is from Rock Bottom (brew pub eatery)

Here is a copycat recipe for the TGIF jack daniels sauce. I have not tried it but it might be a good starting point.

ingredients:
1/3 cup diced red onions
1/2 teaspoon finely-diced garlic
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup teriyaki sauce (I would use a thicker teriyaki as opposed to the runny stuff)
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup white grape juice
1/2 cup Jack Daniel's black label bourbon
1/2 teaspoon Tobasco sauce

Cooking Directions:
Place ingredients in sauce pan in order listed. Mix and stir after each ingredient.
Place on medium heat and stir until mixture reaches boiling stage.
Turn temperature down to low until mixture is on a slow simmer.
Cook sauce for 35 to 45 minutes and remove from heat.
Mixture will have reduced in volume about a 1/4 to 1/3.
Sauce is great with chicken fingers or crispy deep-fried chicken breast strips.

Dont add the bourbon until last. Let the temps drop a bit then add "REBEL YELL"
PDT_Armataz_01_36.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky