WSM meet Brinkmann Trailmaster Ltd.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

njsmoker83

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Mar 27, 2010
Morris County, New Jersey
Well guys even though i love my WSM 18.5 I went and purchased a Brinkmann Trailmaster Limited at Home Depot today.  I got some gift cards for Christmas and it pretty much covered the cost.

I love the WSM but I sometimes smoke 6-8 racks of Baby Backs at a time and its a nightmare on the WSM.  Going to install it in a few days and ill post some pics.  Hopefully the quality is better than the regular SNP.  Im going to look on the forums to see if it requires any mods.

The main question i have is when you use this do you guys use the minion method with charcoal the entire time like the WSM or do you start the fire with coal and then keep throwing wood into the SFB?

Thanks guys

I did have one when they first came out. Not a huge fan myself but maybe it will be better for you. If you type in Brinkkman Trailmster in the search bar there is a thread there on mods. I know most have said to use sealant when assembling. The firbox is huge & a charcoal basket is almost mandatory. I also liked the size, but in the end it just wasn't for me?  Good luck & let us know how it turns out!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky