Would this stuff work to seal up the gaps in the CharGriller?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pwoller

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jun 17, 2009
DAP High Heat Mortar Caulk 10 Ounce

imageprovider.ashx

Does anyone know if it is a caulk or mortar consistancy? Or is there a better product to use?

I bought some stuff and was going to try to seal mine up some, but after beginning to use it and getting used to it i decided it wasnt worth it. It works just fine.

Flame Buster[emoji]8482[/emoji] High Heat Latex Caulk

Product Data Sheet PDF
flameHHL.gif
iconWaterClean.gif
iconInt.gif

This latex caulk is designed to resist high temperatures and smoke in nonrated construction.
For use on or around: wires, pipes, ducts and vents in wood or steel framed nonrated construction
Features
  • Resists temperatures up to 1380°F
  • Blocks drafts, smoke and fire
  • Easy application and clean-up

read the pdf from the link... 2 things stuck out. interior use only, and contact physician imediatly if swallowed, the pdf msds sheet is incomplete as it does not list what the ingredients are in it. pretty sure i would pass on this one for use in my smokers with this data.

This stuff looks like what we call Furnace Cement.
It has silica in it. We use it to seal flue and wood stove fittings and to repair and patch up stoves. I would be a little leary about using this around food, unless you are willing to let it set up and heat treat it first. Even then I would be leary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky