Words that need to be added to the Spell Checker

Discussion in 'Bugs, Glitches and Miscellaneous Forum Problems' started by pineywoods, May 25, 2010.

1. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

I think a few words should be added such as

SMF

Huddler

Wiki

Wikis

If you come across more add them to this thread

2. tigerregis

tigerregis Meat Mopper

Marinade, the noun and marinate, the verb. For me this is like "irregardless."

3. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I tested the spell checker with OTBS and GOSM, and it gave me the option of replacing them with something else, but I could not add them to the list as with some other spell checkers.

4. tulsajeff

tulsajeff Master of the Pit Staff Member Administrator OTBS Member

Unfortunately right now we can't easily add words to the spell checker.  Sorry about that.

5. meateater

meateater Smoking Guru SMF Premier Member

TBS  UDS  scrumdiddlyumptious

6. smokey paul

smokey paul Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I found that the mis-spelled word get underlined red but does not give any correct spelling.. easy words like :"doesn" should have told me "doesn't" or something do we even have a dictionary????

Last edited: May 27, 2010
  7. indyadmin1974

indyadmin1974 Smoking Fanatic

There is a FAQ in the wiki about this.

Basically you have to hold down the control key and then right click.  The other option is to hit the ABC button and it will check spelling for you in the WYSIWYG editor.

8. smokey paul

smokey paul Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Tks i did not know that and will use it that way.. I am use to just right click and in most sties...

Would me nice because i am lazy to make the "I" always capital, as most of the time it is.

Just a though... Oooo, auto correct sorry this probably does not have that.