1. Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

woohoo free wood

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by midwestcop, Dec 12, 2006.

1. midwestcop

midwestcop Fire Starter

Ok so as some of you may know, here in the midwest we had quite an ice storm come through and demolish alot of trees, I infact was without power for almost 5 days.... well on the bright side of things, I have enough wild cherry wood to burn all year, not to mention a fair amount of apple wood...... and talked to some tree service guys today and they said they have all the hickory I could want........ WOOHOO, ok sorry, no one else i know would appreciate this, everyone thinks im being weird

2. jaynik

jaynik Smoking Fanatic

Why can't I come across a deal like this??? Can you use it this year or will it need to season till next year?

3. ultramag

ultramag SMF Events Planning Committee

Move to Missouri jaynik. We get a Spring and Winter supply. Tornados in Spring then ice-storms in the winter.

Good find MC! It has to go somewhere so we might as well get some good use out of it.

4. midwestcop

midwestcop Fire Starter

LOL, yeah its awesome, I went and bought a bunch of rubbermaid containers so I can cut it all up and organized in the garage. not sure on the seasoning, guess I will have to try it out and see

5. illini

illini Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

MC;
    We were without power for 2-1/2 days and now cleaning up Cherry and Peach for the smoker.

Also had a lot of Redbud (spring floweriing)

Any one know if this is any good for smoking meat?

6. midwestcop

midwestcop Fire Starter

not sure on the redbud tree, I have a few around here myself.... I would have to say probably no, but ive been wrong before :) now the cherry and the peach, that stuff is great