Woodworking Plans

Discussion in 'Messages for All Guests and Members' started by richoso1, Nov 27, 2007.

1. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I know we have many accomplished wood workers, carpenters, and cabinet makers within the membership. I don't consider myself in the same category, so I often look at someone elses plan. I found a nice web site that carries and sells plans at a reasonable price. You can download files in PDF format. They are clear, good use of color, and easy to understand. Here is the web site http://www.plansnow.com/index.html

P.S. I just bought a new table saw in anticipation of some work on the new dig. This should be another learning curve...

2. deejaydebi

deejaydebi Smoking Guru

Nice link Richoso. Alway nice to have another source for tools. Thanks

PS Good luck on the new digs!

3. gramason

gramason Smoking Fanatic OTBS Member

Thanks for the site, always looking for some different plans.

4. mossymo

mossymo Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

richoso1
    Thanks, I am always up to some project or another....

5. jmedic25

jmedic25 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

Rich what TS did you buy?

6. bwsmith_2000

bwsmith_2000 Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Rich,
    I'm also just getting into woodworking. Thanks for the link. It looks like it has a lot of potential.

7. cowgirl

cowgirl Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Thanks for the link Rich![​IMG]

8. bustedluckbarbq

bustedluckbarbq Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

cool site .... thanks for the post...

9. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I am going to back up Rich's approval of the site! Excellent service and selection. They have a newsletter and offer all sorts of neat discounts and their library of available plans is truly extensive.

They also have quite a few free plans.

Then there are the shop tips, and free advice.

The site is a must for novice and pro alike!

Cheers!

10. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Good site Rich!
    I am looking for plans to build a roll around cart that I can store all my smoking paraphrenalia in, thermometers, trays, cutting boards, knives, aluminum foil, paper towels, mitts, lighter, electric charcoal lighter, chimney, rubs, spices, etc. I want the top to be 90% cutting board for prep and easy to clean. I want a closeable top that covers the entire top of the cart. A small "cold storage area" for "something cool to drink" would be a plus, so I don't dehydrate [​IMG] (hey, it gets HOT here)
    It needs large enough wheels it can navigate unpaved yard areas, pneumatic I think.
    Don't want much. [​IMG] I'm thinking, it could happen. I may start drawing plans at any time.

11. monty

monty Master of the Pit Staff Member Moderator OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Geez, Mike!

Sounds like your project will need about fifteen horsepower and an overweight permit! [​IMG]

Cheers!

12. jmedic25

jmedic25 Meat Mopper OTBS Member

13. peculiarmike

peculiarmike Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Weeeeellllllll.............. I do have an 8hp electric start Briggs in the garage. NOW you got me really thinking.
    I'm staying strictly off-road though, no permits.

14. nocontest

nocontest Newbie

Here is the link I use- all free plans- trillions of them. I am a licensed commercial contrator in 5 states and have a full blown wood working shop in my barn, where I build fine furnature as a hobby. Check this link:

http://www.woodworkersworkshop.com/r...ex.php?cat=102

In the search window type what you want to build and bingo...

15. cowgirl

Thank you jmedic and NoContest! I've added these links to my favorites.[​IMG]

(there goes the rest of my free time..[​IMG] )

16. rodbuilder

rodbuilder Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I am also a member of WoodNet and the Wood forum. I also have all the Woodsmith and Wood magazines from the beginning of time... There are countless projects in the magazines and I have used many of them mostly for ideas as I like to design most of my projects. I did once buy a plan from Norm Abram's site to build my router table and it turned out awesome.

Woodworking is my passion but somehow I got bit by the smoking bug and now my woodworking has taken a back seat for the time being... lol

17. nocontest

nocontest Newbie

I here ya on the smoke bug! I'm actually thinking of using some of my wood stock in my side burner.

18. rodbuilder

rodbuilder Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

I collect all kinds of wood for projects. I recently tore down an old cedar fence on my side yard that was pretty well gone. I love to make projects out of scraps and leftovers. I'm currently using the cedar fencing to build a log cabin bird feeder I designed last year.

A couple of weeks ago I went to my barn to bring down some fire wood for the house and realized that it was kirk walnut I have had for about 3 years. So I cut some up with my band saw and used it with some oak to smoke a couple of chickens... Turned out great. The walnut is really mild and worked well with the white oak I had from an old fence post...

Here is a picture of my bird feeder made entirely out of scrap cedar except for the roof base. I cut the shingles out of cedar and glue them to ¼" plywood...

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...5_Finished.jpg

Enjoy...

19. cowgirl

Wow! That's nice rodbuilder!!

20. bbq bubba

bbq bubba Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Hey Gary, i'm in the same boat, but let me ask you this, have you thought about selling your woodworking tool's to buy metal fab tool's???
    All i want to do now is build pit's!![​IMG]