Woodworking Plans

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
I know we have many accomplished wood workers, carpenters, and cabinet makers within the membership. I don't consider myself in the same category, so I often look at someone elses plan. I found a nice web site that carries and sells plans at a reasonable price. You can download files in PDF format. They are clear, good use of color, and easy to understand. Here is the web site http://www.plansnow.com/index.html

P.S. I just bought a new table saw in anticipation of some work on the new dig. This should be another learning curve...

Thanks for the link Rich!
smile.gif

I am going to back up Rich's approval of the site! Excellent service and selection. They have a newsletter and offer all sorts of neat discounts and their library of available plans is truly extensive.

They also have quite a few free plans.

Then there are the shop tips, and free advice.

The site is a must for novice and pro alike!

Cheers!

Good site Rich!
I am looking for plans to build a roll around cart that I can store all my smoking paraphrenalia in, thermometers, trays, cutting boards, knives, aluminum foil, paper towels, mitts, lighter, electric charcoal lighter, chimney, rubs, spices, etc. I want the top to be 90% cutting board for prep and easy to clean. I want a closeable top that covers the entire top of the cart. A small "cold storage area" for "something cool to drink" would be a plus, so I don't dehydrate
rolleyes.gif
(hey, it gets HOT here)
It needs large enough wheels it can navigate unpaved yard areas, pneumatic I think.
Don't want much.
icon_cool.gif
I'm thinking, it could happen. I may start drawing plans at any time.

Geez, Mike!

Sounds like your project will need about fifteen horsepower and an overweight permit!
icon_biggrin.gif

Cheers!

Weeeeellllllll.............. I do have an 8hp electric start Briggs in the garage. NOW you got me really thinking.
I'm staying strictly off-road though, no permits.

Thank you jmedic and NoContest! I've added these links to my favorites.
smile.gif

(there goes the rest of my free time..
biggrin.gif
)

I am also a member of WoodNet and the Wood forum. I also have all the Woodsmith and Wood magazines from the beginning of time... There are countless projects in the magazines and I have used many of them mostly for ideas as I like to design most of my projects. I did once buy a plan from Norm Abram's site to build my router table and it turned out awesome.

Woodworking is my passion but somehow I got bit by the smoking bug and now my woodworking has taken a back seat for the time being... lol

I here ya on the smoke bug! I'm actually thinking of using some of my wood stock in my side burner.

I collect all kinds of wood for projects. I recently tore down an old cedar fence on my side yard that was pretty well gone. I love to make projects out of scraps and leftovers. I'm currently using the cedar fencing to build a log cabin bird feeder I designed last year.

A couple of weeks ago I went to my barn to bring down some fire wood for the house and realized that it was kirk walnut I have had for about 3 years. So I cut some up with my band saw and used it with some oak to smoke a couple of chickens... Turned out great. The walnut is really mild and worked well with the white oak I had from an old fence post...

Here is a picture of my bird feeder made entirely out of scrap cedar except for the roof base. I cut the shingles out of cedar and glue them to ¼" plywood...

http://s221.photobucket.com/albums/d...5_Finished.jpg

Enjoy...

Hey Gary, i'm in the same boat, but let me ask you this, have you thought about selling your woodworking tool's to buy metal fab tool's???
All i want to do now is build pit's!!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky