Woods for smoking

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ggrib

Original poster
Apr 23, 2015
Two questions.

If you use 2 different kinds of woods should they be used at the same time or one after the other. [Does the wood affect the meat first in has further penetration?] or does the same time just give a lavor mix?

Second question- Saw you could use corncobs with warning to use small amounts as it is very sweet. Has anyone used corncobs. Do you dry them first. Did you like results?

Two questions.

If you use 2 different kinds of woods should they be used at the same time or one after the other. [Does the wood affect the meat first in has further penetration?] or does the same time just give a lavor mix?

Second question- Saw you could use corncobs with warning to use small amounts as it is very sweet. Has anyone used corncobs. Do you dry them first. Did you like results?
Have not used corn cobs but I will say I use apple and cherry or hickory together at the same time and you get both the flavors. I smoke with charcoal and use the minion method so I just load it all up at the start. Interested in this corn cob question though. will be watching.

Todd sells corn cob wood pellets for the AMZN smoker. Haven't tried them but heard on here that they give a nice sweet flavor to ham. Don't know about the real thing tho. Interesting-I too will be watching.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky