wood grill

Discussion in 'Wood Smokers' started by bluefin1, Dec 17, 2009.

1. Am not sure if this is in the right spot to post but i was wondering if anybody knows of a good wood grill for like steaks and burgers. I will get the fire started with a couple of coals then transfer over to nothing but wood chunks. right now i have a GOSM and a wood smoker from brinkman and a big brinkman propane gill. but i looking for somthing kinda small with enough room to grill 8 patties or 4 steaks maybe a whole chicken.

thanks for the help

Michael.

2. raceyb

raceyb Smoking Fanatic

How about a hibachi? It's a great table top grill and won't require a lot of wood. You'll need to let the wood ember up and then knock the surface ash off when ready to char your meat. Keep a water sprayer nearby to kill hot flashes and keep ash down.

We had one in Hawaii and i loved it. The are cast iron and just so handy.

[​IMG]

3. petesque

petesque Smoke Blower SMF Premier Member

They also have fire pits with grills that are adjustable. Once your done cooking you can remove the grill and enjoy an evening fire.

Pete

4. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I used to swear by the weber kettle grills. You can grill just about anything you could think of. I have done many racks of chicken before and you can grill enough hamuburgers to feed an army too.