Wood for good smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thomasyoung

StickBurners
Original poster
Jul 4, 2009
Lecanto, Florida
Hey everyone,
I'm not sure if anybody here has tried this. There has to be a few maybe?? What I use from time to time are the shells from all the peanuts that I eat. I just save them in a container and when I want to use some of them I just soak them in water, or water with apple juice, apple cider vinegar and water. Either way it make a real nice smoke and brings a hint of peanut flavor into the meat I'm cooking.
Thanks,
Thomas
biggrin.gif

I've tried it on both Chicken and pork loin chops and it gave a nice and different flavor. Haven't tried it on beef as of yet. I will once my smoker gets built! Hope you enjoy it. I was also thinking that I should also save the other shells from nuts too! I'm thinking like Cashew Chicken! Pecan Beef Roast??
Hmmmm making this Bear Hungry!!
Thomas
biggrin.gif

I have personally not heard of using peanut shells but it doesn't suprise me hear you learn an awful lot of things. Thanks for the info

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky