Wood Chip Box Needed

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

zactoria

Original poster
Aug 1, 2015
Smokey Greetingns From Seattle,

I just joined this forum and I'm relatively new to smoking meat. I received a Brinkmann electric smoker for Christmas and have been having fun with it since. My family and friends are probably enjoying as much as I am, which is the point.

One thing that frustrates me, though, is I'm refilling the wood chips every hour or so because they burn out so fast (and yes, I do soak them for hours before starting the smoking process). I don't have a temp control on my smoker, because it's a cheap one, but still....I can't exactly "set it and forget it". I looked online and only found boxes that are basically 8" by 5". Does anyone know of a bigger one I can get, so I don't have to refill it so often?

Also, does the lid with holes on top of the wood chip box add any benefit? I can't see why it would...I mean...who cares if the smoke escapes from a few small holes, or just goes up without a lid...am I right?

Again, new to this all, so thanks for any guidance you can provide!

texas.gif
  Good morning and welcome to the forum, from another hot, day in East Texas and the best site on the web. Lots of great people with tons of information on just about  everything.

Gary

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky