Woman Corals 13 foot 900 lb Gator...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

beer-b-q

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
May 1, 2007
Check out this thing, how big a smoker would he take?...
icon_mrgreen.gif

http://www.kctv5.com/video/25048624/index.html

I was reading that yesterday, she's quite the huntress looking at there house, bless her heart!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 The article said it's only good fried, I bet a few on here could reverse that outcome.
icon_cool.gif

Last edited:
icon_cool.gif

Now I have seen a 26" long gator smoker at The Ham Jam about 10-12 years ago. It did have about a 16" grill on it too. But you better have a heck load of friends for that puppy. Now I think I might of had a stroke when that thing came up. I think I might have turned the boat around before that gator ate the boat before eating us thats for sure.

Wow... I like to hunt and fish as much is the next guy. But I'm not sure I like the idea of the gator catching process. The idea of sinking a hook in him... then forcing an angry gator toward my boat... that I'm sitting in... before I can shoot him. Wow.

Just watching the program calloed "Swamp Peo[ple", will give you a good idea of what some folks go through just to make a living by hunting gators. It's not as safe as foiling ribs...

A fishing friend of mine was surf fishing in SC a couple weeks back and while he was tending his rods something caught his eye to the right side of him, he thought he was seeing things but found out it was a 10 foot gator and thought that they only lived in fresh water, he called a park ranger and they came out to see if he was drunk or smoking something but to their surprise they saw the same thing and then called in someone that could capture it alive. Found out later if a gator is injured they go to salt water to get heeled. I don't know if that's true maybe someone else would know.

I'm from SC and these things are everywhere in the low country.  Salt marsh and fresh water.  Plenty of them live on the inner-coastal right off of the ocean, so I can believe that one meandered it's way onto the beach.  You are just as likely to see one of those in your back yard as you are a raccoon.

A fishing friend of mine was surf fishing in SC a couple weeks back and while he was tending his rods something caught his eye to the right side of him, he thought he was seeing things but found out it was a 10 foot gator and thought that they only lived in fresh water, he called a park ranger and they came out to see if he was drunk or smoking something but to their surprise they saw the same thing and then called in someone that could capture it alive. Found out later if a gator is injured they go to salt water to get heeled. I don't know if that's true maybe someone else would know.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky