Wisconsin lurker turned legit

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

icecold23

Original poster
Jan 9, 2014
Wisconsin
After several successful salmon/trout fishing trips to Lake Michigan, I was left with a freezer full of fish, thinking to myself, "well, now what?" After a few weeks of research, I finally settled on a 4 rack Bradley Digital Smoker.

With a few pretty decent batches of smoked fish under my belt, I wanted to expand my smoking base to get the full use out of my BDS.  Since then, I've done bacon, ribs, sausage, snack sticks, jerky, pulled pork, cheese, meatloaf, almonds/pecans, baked beans, eggs, and mac-n-cheese.

After tasting my novice wares, I have even gotten 4 of my friends to jump onto the smoker bandwagon.  Not bad for 6 months worth of work...  It has quickly turned from a simple hobby to a full blown addiction.

So, after roughly half a year of sitting back and using the wonderful recipes and techniques from this site (giving credit when asked of course), I figured it was time to sign up and try to contribute where, and if, I can, in an attempt to give something back.

Thank you all for the great tips and ideas, and for all those responsibile for creating/maintaining the site!

[h1]
texas.gif
Hello and welcome from East Texas. This is a great site, lots of information and great people that are willing to throw in their two cents worth on about anything.   
[/h1][h1]  [/h1][h1]Gary[/h1]

Welcome!

You will find plenty of friendly folks with great advice on this forum. Lt the search bar at the top of the page be your new friend.  There are over 1 million post on this forum.  And that a lot of powerful knowledge right at your finger tips. Or just ask! If you have not checked it out already, Give Jeff's 5 day ecourse a try.  It is free and full of great information to make you an even better smoker.

Again Welcome.

Brian 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky