Wine or cheese??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

GaryHibbert

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Hey all, see if you can figure this out,

For the last 12 or so years, the government has told me I have to wear glasses when I drive.  OK.  So today I went in for my driver’s medical and I tell the nurse that I swear I see better without my glasses than with them.  So she says, well let’s check that out.  After the eye exam, she agrees—says I don’t need glasses.  I take my medical to the license registry and they check it over.  The girl tells me to look into the vision machine for all of about 30 seconds.  She says nope you don’t need glasses and removes the restriction from my license.  Sooooooooo……I turn 65 and they remove restrictions rather than add them.  I have to be either a fine wine or a great cheese—just getting BETTER with age.  Go figure  LOL

Gary

Last edited:
Gee, you're lucky. I'm not fine wine or cheese but She Who Must Be Obeyed tells me I am whiny and cheesy.

Disco

Hey Disco

You also have one of those "she who must be obeyed"??  God help us all   LOL  Mine is about 5 feet tall but definitely is in charge. Just keep nodding and smiling and the world will be a happy happy place.

Gary

Hey Disco

You also have one of those "she who must be obeyed"??  God help us all   LOL  Mine is about 5 feet tall but definitely is in charge. Just keep nodding and smiling and the world will be a happy happy place.

Gary
I know, Gary. I have only been afraid of two people in my life, both 5 feet tall (mother/wife). I have also had reasonable success with "Yes, dear!" However, I occasionally get accused of saying it with attitude. I guess I am not as evolved as you.

Disco

Gary & Disco,

You guys are lucky:

My Mom was 4' 11" tall, but my wife is 5' 9". Still looks good for an old bat. Who said that?  NOT ME !!!

Bear

Jesus Wept Disco

I'm rolling around the floor right now!!!  Funny thing is my mom never hit 5 feet or 100 lbs.  You have to admit that some things in life are simply givens, huh

Gary

Gary & Disco,

You guys are lucky:

My Mom was 4' 11" tall, but my wife is 5' 9". Still looks good for an old bat. Who said that?  NOT ME !!!

Bear

God Bear

You better hope she never goes on this forum, or it just might turn out to be a long winter. LOL

Gary
From this point forward, I am disavowing any knowledge of the two of you. I think you may be a bad influence on a fine upstanding husband (coward) like me.

Disco

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky