Wine in sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mohntr

Smoke Blower
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 24, 2006
Catawissa MO
I've been looking at a lot of recipes for sausage and have noticed many call for a red wine, and a few white wine or beer. I have never added any of them.

Do you use wine in your sausage making?

I use a lot of wine in cooking and I have used apple cider in sausage…whatever works!
wink.gif

Whatever works is correct.
Try reducing your red or white wine or apple cidar.
Just cook it down till you have what you need. For example.. try reducing a cup of the liquid of your choice down to about a half of a cup or a quarter of a cup and the flavour will be intensified.
I made 140 lbs of sausage the other day (2 days acually)and one recipe I used called for apple cider reduced to 1/2 a cup.
Boy that really brought out the apple flavour.

MoHnr -

In some recipes you my not even notice the difference in others it just doesn't taste the same. I always use red wine in my pepperoni and sometimes in my Italian sausage. I think it makes a difference but I was raised eatting it that way.

I just mix the spices in it then pour it over all the meat.

Debi

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky