Windy Day - Wild Temps!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mcokevin

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2016
Orlando FL
Have four racks on the WSM -- normally runs rock steady in the 225-230 range, but today I'm seeing some wild spikes. Windy stormy day here in Central FL. Think the gusts are throwing more air through the dampers and causing somewhat unpredictable temp spikes.

Oh well - nothing better to do with the rain than sit by the smoker and enjoy the smells.

And drink a cold drink......Always gotta have a cold drink when your watching the cooker.
Jim

Reactions: PPG1
Hah hah hah. Hit it pretty hard last night, and we're having company arrive around 4. I'll crack one soon!

Reactions: JLeonard
Have four racks on the WSM -- normally runs rock steady in the 225-230 range, but today I'm seeing some wild spikes. Windy stormy day here in Central FL. Think the gusts are throwing more air through the dampers and causing somewhat unpredictable temp spikes.

Oh well - nothing better to do with the rain than sit by the smoker and enjoy the smells.

close the vents on the wind side and open the ones where the wind isnt reaching. That’s what I do on my 18” WSM. I get a lot of crazy wind here in Colorado.

close the vents on the wind side and open the ones where the wind isnt reaching. That’s what I do on my 18” WSM. I get a lot of crazy wind here in Colorado.
Heh, I wish we had consistent wind direction! This was some of that tropical Florida wind -- pretty much all encompassing. It was all good though, I never spiked above 237 I think -- not bad when my tolerance was 220-235 for the ribs! I have the 18" too and love how rock steady they run.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky