Winchester model 1200, 12 gauge 2 3/4 “ chamber

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There is one on eBay now
85BEB69A-6DC3-4767-93FE-E0C14D73EE6C.png

What is he gonna use the gun for? If it's ducks and geese or anything that requires steel shot I'd pass on that barrel with the Herters poly style choke. I'm pretty sure it would be ok with Bismuth shot but I'd look into it first. That choke systems intended use was Lead shot only.

What is he gonna use the gun for? If it's ducks and geese or anything that requires steel shot I'd pass on that barrel with the Herters poly style choke. I'm pretty sure it would be ok with Bismuth shot but I'd look into it first. That choke systems intended use was Lead shot only.

I'm with forktender forktender ,

You will be disappointed with a Poly Choke. They were popular in the 20s -50s. Factory installed chokes give far better shot patterns than a Poly Choke.

Determine what predominantly you wish to hunt and then choose the length of barrel as well as the choke required for comfortable swing, balance, and range.

John

There are at least three Model 1200 barrels for sale on Gunbroker right now....

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky