Will bacon wrap prevent smoke on your meat?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

northgaq477

Original poster
Jul 10, 2016
Georgia
I cooked a 1.5 lb pork tenderloin yesterday on my Lang 48 at 275 with oak wood. I stuffed the tenderloin with sausage and wrapped it with a bacon weave to help retain moisture. I pulled the meat off the smoker at 150 IT and it was done perfectly. The tenderloin did not seem to have a smoked flavor to it, but the bacon did. The tenderloin also did not have a smoke ring present. Does wrapping your meat in bacon prevent the smoke from penetrating your primary meat? 

It probably did a bit. The other thing is with that small cut I'd imagine at that pit temp that the meat wasn't in the smoker long. For smaller cuts Inlike to run the smoker around 200 to get more time in the smoke.

It only stayed on a little over 1 hour. I will try it next time at a lower temp. I had ribs on there also so 275 was what I was cooking at already when I put it on. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky