Wifes Birthday BBQ (w/ Bear View)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

big sexy

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Aug 15, 2011
Columbus, Ohio
Wife turned the big 4-0 this weekend.  So had to do a smoke for the family festivities.  Picked up a Brisket Flat and a pre boned Pork Shoulder for pulled pork.  I like to marinate the pork before I smoke it, this time I used OJ, Old Bay, and a little Lowery’s and soaked it for 24 hours. 

4ff3dc0e_Brisket10.20.jpg

Brisket Flat

5568233b_Shoulder10.21.jpg

Pork Shoulder

I used Jeff's Rub and wrapped them for a nap in the fridge.  Sorry I couldn't get that picture to load properly. 

After a night in the fridge they hit the smoker. 

cd654dd4_BrisketShoulderongrill10.21.jpg

Using Kingsford Mesquite charcoal and apple wood.

I let them hit 160 IT pulled them foiled them and put them in the oven at 225 so I could get some sleep.  Once they hit 200 IT I double wrapped and put into a cooler until party time. 

999f521c_BrisketCooked10.21.jpg

Brisket before the oven. 

Sorry I didn't remember to take a pick of the shoulder before I put into the oven. 

2cd397fa_BrisketSliced10.22.jpg

Here is the Brisket all sliced up. 

1d7ff874_ShoulderPulled10.22.jpg

Here is the shoulder Pulled. 

And now for the Bear view!

2d0d35d7_BrisketBearView10.21.jpg

Brisket, check out that smoke ring!

e3c5f9fa_ShoulderBearView10.22.jpg

PP Bear View. 

Brisket made very good sammies, I got the PP a little dry, this could have been due to the fact that I forgot to set the audible alarm on my thermometer, so I am not exactly sure how long I left it under heat after the meat hit 200.  But when mixed with Jeff's BBQ Sauce it tasted Fantastic.  The Brisket needed nothing, was tender and very juicy. 

There was very little left when the party was over, so no one complained, was a good time.  Thanks for looking.

Great Job!!!!!

Both look excellent from here!!!

Nice BearView too!!

Congrats to your wife!!!!

My Son will hit the big 4-0 in January---That makes me feel older than my hitting 63 the same month!!!

Thanks for the views!

Bear

looks good. planning on doing a brisket this weekend. can anyone tell me what the correct cooking times are and what temperature we cook it to?

Thank you!

looks good. planning on doing a brisket this weekend. can anyone tell me what the correct cooking times are and what temperature we cook it to?

Thank you!
I kept mine at 225 for the cooking temp.  Time just depends on the meat it's self.  Jeff has a guesstimate about all types of meat on the main site.  Check it out, it is a good guid.  Time also changes if you foil or not. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky